Ford C-Max Forum

Ford C-Max Forum (https://www.cmaxownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Main Message Centre (https://www.cmaxownersclub.com/forum/main-message-centre-30/)
-   -   Water in rear cubby compartment (https://www.cmaxownersclub.com/forum/main-message-centre-30/water-rear-cubby-compartment-9190/)

s2uart1 07-21-2011 05:49 PM

Hey, the rear cubby compartment in the footwell is completely soaked and sodden, recently purchased from a reputable dealer so its going back next week but what could it be?? i dont think its coming from underneath because its solid only other is the water pipe to back wash jet is split maybe??

MetalMicky08 07-21-2011 05:54 PM

I`ve heard of water ingress in the boot due to rain getting in from under the rear spoiler but yours is the first in the car itself.
We had this problem with my Mothers Toyota Aygo & it was the door seal that needed attention,once fixed not had any trouble since.
MM

s2uart1 07-21-2011 05:58 PM

Hey, Thanks MM i will update on what the prolem was

MetalMicky08 07-21-2011 09:21 PM

Ok,thanks,lets hope it is only something simple to fix.They should at least dry the car out & replace any damaged carpets & mats.Toyota did for us & gave us a tank of petrol & free servicing for 3 yrs.
MM

s2uart1 07-22-2011 04:52 AM

Hi, I doubt they'l go the extra mile because I bought it from a Vauxhall dealership and not ford! But, they'l be sending it to ford because of my radio issue with no display and no abililty to change station. I don't know if they'l tell ford to look at the water ingress or just investigate it themselves
fingers crossed I can have a happy cmax back Wednesday :-)

Richard G 07-22-2011 05:43 AM

I once had issued with a sunroof seal that ended up giving a wet rear footwell carpet

MetalMicky08 07-22-2011 08:23 AM

I had a leaky roof too,if I parked at a certain angle,I`d come back to a soaking drivers seat.Cured the problem by selling the car[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img].
MM

ben209 07-23-2011 06:18 AM

My dad had this problem with a Cavalier, the rear light seals had perished. I only mention this as the c-max lights are so high up on the c pillar.

davo45 07-25-2011 04:06 PM

if car was recently purchased,perhaps the valeter was a little over zelous with the old power washer,they usually blow out the door shuts during a typical wash.dry the carpet first to see.
bought some plants from garden centre beginning of summer,put the pots on passenger footwell,the carpet stayed wet for weeks,soundproofing is quite thick underneath carpets.Edited by: davo45

s2uart1 08-06-2011 01:24 PM

UPDATE.... So I have the cmax back after 10 days at the dealer, they put the water ingress down to the valeter when he jet washed it. A new stereo fitted and new electronic boot release all sorted but now I cannot open the bonnet with the key!!!! Opened perfectly fine before they had it, another trip to the dealer !!!!!