Water leak - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-13-2009, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

There's a lot of rain leaking into the car through the plastic trim around the drivers side rear seatbelt fitting. I removed the rear light cluster and put silicon around the fittings but no difference. I think the water is coming in from higher up. Could it be the roof rack trim? as anyone heard of this problem? The boot seal seems ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-14-2009, 09:02 AM

I had this too. The leak seems to be behind the lights, took them out and resealed to no avail. Has to be higher up so suspecting the roof rails. They have no holes or areas which could leak so the only place was the end of the roof line directly below the black gutter stripwhich you look at with the tail gate open.
There was a post recently on this which showed a hairline crack on the 'fold' at the rear end of the roof. Ford wanted to dig the old sealant out, redo and respray. Huh. I used some nail hardener!, Don't know if this short term cure still works as I have traded the car.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-15-2009, 02:54 PM

I have exactly the same problem and recently added to a post recently ( think it was " leak into the boot). My car has gone back to ford and although they originally told me it was not covered after 12 months of registration, they have finally agreed to fix it as I have only had the car 3 months. They have serached for it and believe it is is a slow leak as it does not come in straight away after jetwashing the car, but also think it could be the weld at the end of the roof guttering and is coming in through caplilary action and then running on the inside of the bodywork an then through a plastic clip into the seat belt hosuing and then finally into the spare tyre well ???.
It is going in on the 23rd feb so i will post back and let you know where excactly the problem was ??

post #4 of 8 Old 02-21-2009, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for that, I'll check out that weld / fold area. It's such a large leak it's spoiling what's otherwise a good car so far.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-30-2009, 04:57 AM

Hi. Just joined but came across this.

At a garage where I carry out some work they had a C-Max in with the same problem ... and found the problem.

Open up the boot, at the top of the boot are the 2 recesses that the hinges pivot into. Within the recess is a panel join ... smear a load of silicone sealant over that join ..... that should cure your problem
post #6 of 8 Old 07-30-2009, 05:28 AM

Not had this problem yet,but Think I`ll give the silicone sealant a go,just to make sure.
Great tip
MM

post #7 of 8 Old 08-01-2009, 06:09 PM

I bought my 55 plated Cmax in May 2009 but just found the leak recently. It comes in exactly as bywateronline has described. Have done everything as suggested but although the flood has stopped it still seems to be leaking! Ford surely have responsibility to all owners if they are aware of this problem. Does this not affect the Euro NCAP rating of the vehicle as 2 of the rear seatbelt are compromised with the water entering them nevermind the overall integrity.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-01-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMicky08
Not had this problem yet,but Think I`ll give the silicone sealant a go,just to make sure.
Great tip
MM
Indeed a good tip.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page