....WASHER CAP... - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 12-12-2010, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

hi guys , not sure where to go here but her goes , avin done the ritual of the weekend end clean of the car , im sure u know wat im talkin of, well to cut a long story short avin topped up my windscreen washer , an closed the lid im afraid i must av left it up the filler cap that is ...hmm sounds like a familiar story i hear u say, and broke it off ,well ive looked almost everywhere i can dont really want to go to ford cap in hand ....ooohhhh sorry for that one lol and get charged an arm an leg so i was wonderin if anyone had any ideas where to get a replacement ect . any help would begreatlyappriciated . yours in anticipation ..Goodbuddy tnx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 12-12-2010, 10:17 PM

Lost mine well over a year ago and its been through two MOTs and washers still work fine, let me know if you find a cheap fix.

Ed

54 2.0 TDCI Ghia non DPF Tonic Blue

post #3 of 25 Old 12-12-2010, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

will do

post #4 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 12:36 AM

Hi & welcome to the club[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img].My washer cap broke ages ago & found out you can`t buy "just " a cap,so I took the top off an old can of wd40 & pushed that on,works a treat.You can also use the top off some tube glue,just make sure you have a decent tight fit.Mine has been through 2 mot`s now & nothing has been said.MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #5 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 12:58 AM

I used the top from a squeezable polyfilla tube because i did the same...... shut the bonnet with the washer lid up, bad design really but the polyfilla cap fits perfectly, even better than flimsy original lid.

PS, plus its blue.

54 Plate 2.0 TDCI Zetec, Panther Black, Xenons, Sony 6CD, ESP & F&R Parking Sensors
post #6 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 01:09 AM

zzz three 2004 2.0 TDCI all with same problem or is it just all three of us have been careless LOL
Edited by: shaz

54 2.0 TDCI Ghia non DPF Tonic Blue

post #7 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 02:06 AM

The cap and spout bit costs about 20 from a stealer, you unbolt the neck section, then bolt on new bit.

I think it's a silly design, and there should also be a gauze filter to keep crud out. Every other car I've owned in recent years had had one!

2005 Focus C-Max 1.8 Petrol Ghia + Sony 6 disc, 2007 tail lights, Led bulbs all over and HID front fogs.
post #8 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

cheers andy , i know how they go together ect , its just the cap im after , just seems everybody an his mate wants an arm an leg for it , its not an unreasonable request " FORD " if ya listening...lol
post #9 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 02:46 AM

I think from memory the plastic cap is available for about 4 from ford. It's a separate part. Have a chat with your local dealer parts person.

2005 Focus C-Max 1.8 Petrol Ghia + Sony 6 disc, 2007 tail lights, Led bulbs all over and HID front fogs.
post #10 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaz
zzz three 2004 2.0 TDCI all with same problem or is it just all three of us have been careless LOL
I reckon a lot of owners have done it, not just the 3 of us.

54 Plate 2.0 TDCI Zetec, Panther Black, Xenons, Sony 6CD, ESP & F&R Parking Sensors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page