Tuning-Diesels - Anyone? - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 04-27-2009, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

Just finished this months Car Mechanic magazine and they mention Tuning-diesels.com

Now, I'm interested to see if anyone as one fitted orknow of anyone that has one fitted?

It has had some great reviews in the magazine and having looked at the website (http://tuning-diesels.com/Synergy1/tu3all.htm) I might go for it as it is priced at 159.
So, what do you reckon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 04-27-2009, 03:46 AM

Compared to the unit Mike (MM) has fitted to his and the very much cheaper cost it to my mind just seems a little to good to be true at first reading.

Have you tried "googling" the product name to see if there are any adverse web reports anywhere?

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 24 Old 04-27-2009, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

Not as of yet but was on the to do list!
I have read the magazine (and very good it is!!) and they did try it on there own Golf.They do seem to praiseit quite well.
As you say the price does seem very good but compared to MM's version, who knows. Bit more digging and perhaps a email to the company as I note they only list Cmax for the 1.6.

post #4 of 24 Old 04-27-2009, 06:49 AM

I`d be interested in your findings.As Richard says it does seem a little too good for the price,especially when nearly all the other tuning sets are around 450.
It seems to have similar settings to my Tunit but it does not come with a guarentee on your engine.
Keep me posted
MM

post #5 of 24 Old 04-27-2009, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Did a bit more digging and so far it would seem that the one person declared it to Direct Line who imposed an extra 200 excess
Also while reading, it seems that the boxes use a "generic" form of mapping for each make rather than, I presume, individual cases as per yours, MM.
I would point out that as it is my first night shift for this week, the brain & body is suffering power problems so once a good days sleep has kicked in I might be able to understand it a bit better
post #6 of 24 Old 04-27-2009, 08:54 PM

Tunits can be fitted straight from the box to any vehicle it`s designed for,however,to get the best out of them they need to be set up on a laptop for optimum performance.

Mike.

post #7 of 24 Old 09-28-2009, 03:16 AM

just been reading this old subject, and the synergy tuning boxes at tuning-diesels are very highly praised amoungst the rover 75/mgzt drivers. I used to own a mgzt diesel and was on the rover forum regulary, and nearly every diesel driver on there had one of the synergy tuning boxes.They were originally designed for the bmw engine found in the 75 by a chap called ron, his user name is roverron on the rover forum, and he has developed the boxes himself, so that is why they are so much cheaper, if anyone has fitted on to a cmax though it would be interesting to find out what you think to it as i will hopefuly be getting one soon for my 2.0 tdci
post #8 of 24 Old 09-28-2009, 03:28 AM

How do they compare rrice wise with other tuning box`s & is it adjustable?
A good mate of mine has an mg rover & he is not overly convinced it`s as good as my Tunit.
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #9 of 24 Old 09-28-2009, 08:53 PM

the tunit boxes are 450 ish, but the synergy is 160 deliverd, and it you change your car, you can send the box back and he will fit a new lead, and update teh software so it can be fitted to your new car for 10. The box is adjustable, it has setting 1-10, on it, i have heard good reports of the tunit boxes, but are they 300 worth better?
post #10 of 24 Old 09-28-2009, 10:02 PM

Depends if you want to go with a known company with 3 yr warrenty or a company not too many people have heard of.
I`m really pleased with my Tunit & it`s saving me money on fuel too ( always a plus ).
Also I can take it out & refit it myself at no cost.
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page