Tonic Blue - Scratches Eaisly ?? - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 06-26-2011, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Hi Guy's..

I wonder if anyone has experience of Fords Tonic Blue paintwork ?

When we collected our CMAX a few months ago I gave it a good wash and a good polish using Meg's NTX and it looked lovely..

Been noticing lately that the thing has lots of long scratches on it, most of which I haven't noticed before. They are long (6"plus) scratches in the lacquer, not the swirly type caused by polishing, and tend to be along the side of the car.

I had noticed a few scratches when we first got it which I lightly polished out using a mild T-Cut scratch remover and then polished afterwards again using Meg's NTX..

Now, have these scratches always been there all the time but not noticed due to different light conditions (I find that with Tonic, scratch there one day gone the next!!)..

Also, had major rain yesterday and funny how I noticed scratches today, maybe the Meg's polish masked them a tad, but the rain washed it all off ?
Rain does funny things to polish, as a small bit of polish that I failed to remove and couldn't be seen for the last few weeks sudenly jumped out at me after rain as it went all white (came off easily though).

I think that Tonic maybe a soft paint or something, anyone else wish to comment ?

Thanks

2004 2.0L Petrol Cmax Ghia in Tonic Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-26-2011, 03:23 PM

Mine is a bit like this, the longer I leave it in between washes the more scratches I notice. I wouldn't use polish too regularly, better off using a good wax.

Mark

2004 Magnum Grey 2.0 TDCI Ghia
post #3 of 11 Old 06-26-2011, 05:42 PM

Snap-disappears after a wash though!

2005(55) 1.6 Petrol Zetec

post #4 of 11 Old 06-26-2011, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiSpud
Mine is a bit like this, the longer I leave it in between washes the more scratches I notice. I wouldn't use polish too regularly, better off using a good wax.

When I say polish, I really mean wax.

I use Meg's NTX Generation Wax..

Just been out to look again in different light conditions, and I can't find the scratches I saw earlier today.

They are deffinately there, but I think I was onto something about the light conditions.

Here one day, gone the next, but they will come back !!

Interesting to know that you other guy's also have problem with light scratches, in must be a soft lacqer or something.

2004 2.0L Petrol Cmax Ghia in Tonic Blue
post #5 of 11 Old 06-27-2011, 12:12 AM

I've used the coloured polish before now to sort of do both together

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #6 of 11 Old 06-27-2011, 12:14 AM

The scratches appear below the lacquer which is what puzzles me!

2005(55) 1.6 Petrol Zetec
post #7 of 11 Old 07-01-2011, 01:20 AM

Hi Guys,I'm a car valeter and own a tonic blue c max. I find that if you wax your car twice a year with a hard wax, and then wash it weekly in the summer and twice weekly in the winter it looks fine,you can go over the top when cleaning, but i find simoniz products the best. I use simoniz shield protection car wax and simoniz pink wash wax (and you have to shake the bottle with this product). I also use the alloy wheel cleaner in the bucket of shampoo just adding a little bit and using an old wash mit and my alloys look great.I haven't had a problem with scrathes.

Focus C-Max 2005 1.6 Zetec in Tonic Blue.
post #8 of 11 Old 07-19-2011, 01:46 AM

I've noticed lots of scratches on mine around door handles. Especially passenger side where wife sits mainly. Seems nails are enough to do it! They buff out easily with a little t cut or similar. Worst car I've had for it by far.

2005 Focus C-Max 1.8 Petrol Ghia + Sony 6 disc, 2007 tail lights, Led bulbs all over and HID front fogs.
post #9 of 11 Old 07-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Dan

Not cobwebs? i sometimes get what look like scratches only to later discover they are tiny little cobwebs where a spider has went for a walk! Hence they disappear and reappear all the time!

C-MAX Owners Club
www.cmaxownersclub.co.uk
post #10 of 11 Old 07-19-2011, 10:41 AM

I was told to try carnuba (spelling) wax. Has anyone else tried this and any reports?

04 plate Ink Blue 1.8 Duratec Ghia. Mods so far, club sticker on rear window and stereo upgrade, 4Q sticker on bootlid and Smurf hanging from rear bumper.

More mods to come as i\'m allowed to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page