strip down - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 12-10-2010, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Hi Guy's
any one got a strip down proceedure on the 2.0 tdci?? head mainly i have torque settings etc,just need the short route to remove piston
Thanks Ken
04 2.0 tdci jvc 12 disc music,Ghia charcol trim fitted,17" alloys 6 speed box
also if there is anyone in my area who needs diagnostics i have the latest solus for the job 10.4

fury50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-16-2010, 07:19 AM

there is now short way im afraid if i can remember i think the gear box has to be split to remove the sump to gain access to conrod cap bolts. ill have to get a look at the engine to remind myself. also to be sure post up the model and year of car.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-17-2010, 03:40 AM Thread Starter

Hi,thanks for the reply,i have been in this game for almost 50 years (to bl***dy long) but this new breed of diesels and petrols have me beat on the technology side of it,I do know that the sump will come off without disturbing the box (had it off to photograph it),it's mainly the head side ie do i have to split off the cam carrier? is it the same as the 307 where the cams stay in the head etc,it's my own car and has had this since the engine was fitted last october (2009) but is getting worse by the week emabarrasing when you leave a smoke trail for a 1/4 mile and also all that fuel which is being wasted,the conrod has a nice little wiggle in it and the stroke is shortened by 1.5mm (tolerance is 4 thou) great for a genuine ford engine (new not recon) and ford will not back up the guarantee (they didn't fit it !!!!) it's not worth the paper it's written on,Thanks anyway
have a good xmas and New Year

Ken (rebuilding a 4000 mile engine over xmas :-(

fury50

post #4 of 5 Old 12-17-2010, 06:19 AM

been a while since ive had one split but im near sure that the cams come out to gain access to the head studs. once you get into it its not near as daunting as it looks.. but then again i could be wrong you may also have the access needed,just so many differnt designs i cant mind which is which.lol.. the exhaust drops off the head and sits in the hole ok and think the inlet has to be removed,take care when removing the fuel pipes as those stupid plastic pipes they use now are very tempermental and can cause either air to get in or fuel to leak. then basicly you have a stright run to lift off the same as most other engine heads.

have you an email address and il mail you an xps doc with all the torks on it and the head stud order.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-18-2010, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

That would be ideal,mine is the cambelt one 2.0 tdci email me at [email protected],thanks for your help i will let you know how i get on,can't believe how much the local parts want for a rod but hey a lot cheaper than another engine,i am sure it's ready to go bang,fires up on 3 now until warm,Thanks for your help
happy xmas and a good new year the same goes to all at the cmax owners club

Ken

fury50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page