Strangest Park Control problem I've seen! - Ford C-Max Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By AnthonyC

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-05-2018, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Strangest Park Control problem I've seen!

Afternoon all. Just bought a C-max for the daughter in law, a 2011 1.6 titanium. Overall a great car, with one weird problem, I'm wondering of anyone on here has any knowledge of.

The display is telling me the rear park control has an issue and needs maintenance. So far, no problem, probably a sensor. Plugged my OBD reader in, but no fault codes.

So, I look for the on/off button for the PDC, which "should" be under the heating controls. But nope, where the button should be ( and the book says so too), there is a factory blank ( next to the heated screen buttons)

So, I have sensors and the car says there is a problem, but I don't have a PDC button which suggests its come out the factory without the button. Now this might explain why the car says there is a problem with it.

Anyone heard of ford forgetting to put the button on or any other thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-10-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwistlea View Post
Afternoon all. Just bought a C-max for the daughter in law, a 2011 1.6 titanium. Overall a great car, with one weird problem, I'm wondering of anyone on here has any knowledge of.

The display is telling me the rear park control has an issue and needs maintenance. So far, no problem, probably a sensor. Plugged my OBD reader in, but no fault codes.

So, I look for the on/off button for the PDC, which "should" be under the heating controls. But nope, where the button should be ( and the book says so too), there is a factory blank ( next to the heated screen buttons)

So, I have sensors and the car says there is a problem, but I don't have a PDC button which suggests its come out the factory without the button. Now this might explain why the car says there is a problem with it.

Anyone heard of ford forgetting to put the button on or any other thoughts?
Hi

I had a not dissimilar problem wher4 the Engine Oil Needs Replacing message came up every time I started the car, even though it had been recently serviced. The "Fix" was to switch the ignition on (don't start the engine) and hold the foot brake for 30 seconds; the warning light went away. It doesn't answer yout question about the reversing sensor controls, but at least you can get rid of the pesky message!

TC
knightbeat likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-25-2018, 05:59 PM

That helped me too , thanks a lot , my friend still advised me to take it to the dealer and stuff but I'll keep it until I have to service it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page