Stereo code - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-26-2010, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Please, please, please could somebody help me! Not only have i just forked out 360 for a new alternator 5 months after i bought my cmax, my windscreen washer pump also went this week which has cost me another 65! Then i realised that when my alternator was replaced they disconnected the battery so i now need the code! When i spoke to the garage they wanted another 10 + vat for the code. Can anyone help me with a code as i am just about spent out this month!

Serial number is M294819

Many, many thanks

PS Sorry to moan!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-26-2010, 04:21 AM

If the garage disconnected radio without confirming if you had a code then it could be said that they ought to fix it to how it was when they had it in

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 6 Old 10-26-2010, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

It was just my local garage that sorted out the alternator. I must admit i was surprised when they didn't even mention it to me when i picked the car up. I'm guessing my best bet is getting a code of ebay?

post #4 of 6 Old 10-26-2010, 08:32 PM

Hiya Steph. I personally would just pay the 10 rather than potentially getting the wrong codes and locking the radio out completely. I know its so frustrating when things like that happen. Take the receipt for the code back to the garage and see if they will pay or at least split it with you. Not the answer you were looking for i know but these things are sent to try us!!!

Wes

07 Plate 1.6 Zetec petrol

Chrome Front Grilles

Ford Mudflaps front and rear

Painted Calipers Red

18\" Titanium Sport Pack 3 Alloys

post #5 of 6 Old 12-09-2010, 04:45 AM

had same problem with radio after having new bat and alt .it damaged radio got told it required new [email protected] plus vat.got told these radios cannot be repaired
post #6 of 6 Old 12-16-2010, 08:29 AM

there is 2 types of radios in these there is the units with a serial number starting with M,those codes can be got quite easy and then there is the radios with the serial number starting with V those codes can only be got from ford. problem is either way you need to have the radio taken out and make a note of both the part number and the serial.

if the radio is a v serial then ring your nearst dealer and try the old my book never had the code in it but do you have it on your system and fingers crossed it was recorded at pdi.

if its a m serial pm me the number.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page