speed limiter - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-18-2012, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

I have noticed in the manual a section on a "speed limiter" ,I havent had the opportunity to study this, but having just had my first speeding ticket, I wondered if this would help me avoid another? is this device easy to set as you are driving or would it distract me further?any help appreciated , bill.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-18-2012, 03:34 PM

the only one I know of normally in passenger cars is an engine rev limiter which is such as to be higher than eve the 70 MPH limit and not variable

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 5 Old 03-18-2012, 08:34 PM

The speed limiter is excellent, I use mine all the time in 30mph areas, it saves keep looking at the speedo, very simple to use.

Grand C-Max titanium 2.0 Duratorq PowerShift.

post #4 of 5 Old 03-20-2012, 05:50 AM

It's very easy to set. It feels a bit weird at first, because once you get to the maximum speed pushing the accelerator pedal down doesn't do anything, so it feels like the car is holding back (which it is).

Remember though that the speed limiter just stops you accelerating - it doesn't apply braking force as far as I know, so it's possible to exceed the limiter whilst going downhill in some circumstances.

It does make sticking to 30 limits much easier on those wide roads where the 30 limit seems too slow.

2011 Grand C-Max Titanium
post #5 of 5 Old 03-20-2012, 06:04 AM

We used to have a Merc with this feature and were delighted to find that the CMax had it too- far more useful than cruise control in modern-day traffic conditions esp in road works. [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

2010 60reg C-Max Titanium X 1.6TDCi Panther Black, Convenience Pack (Ours) + 2009 Mitsi L200 Warrior 4 cab (Mine)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page