sony cd player - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 11-14-2010, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

hello,the Sony CD/mp3 player in my 2.0 c-max ghia on a 55 plate has just decided to pack in,it will not take the CD off me it seems the motor has packed in,had a word with some kid at halfords whilst attempting to buy a couple of unit keys so I could pop it out and take a look,this lad told me not to attempt removing it as it has a anti-theft devise that locks it into place and that I would have to take the whole of the dashboard out to rectify it,is this true? I contacted the garage were I bought the car from they said that they didn't do audio,so what I want to know is can I do it myself or do I need an auto-electrician to have a look,I want the cheapest possible answer to this,Its doing my head in not being able to listen to music whilst driving,thanx to any body who might be able to help, it will be much appreciated if you can thanx again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-15-2010, 12:11 AM

No, its crap! You need the correct keys for the unit. 4 flat metal slivers. If you use the wrong removal keys they can get jammed in the unit and need the dash out to remove them, or brute force.

Halfords are numbskulls who prove once more they know nothing.

Get a set of the keys off of ebay, there a couple of quid. Then pick up a tested working replacement, or a 6 disc Sony unit for under 100. Cheaper than getting the one you have fixed. My Ghia came with a 6000CD single disc. Keys in, unit out new unit in. Job done. The keys need a bit of finesse and only work one way. The curved side of the key faces inwards, towards the centre of the stereo. You'll hear a click as the keys latch home. When all 4 are home, the unit will lift out with ease.

I got a local ICE dealer to pull mine for 5 because I too had been to Halfords and got the same rubbish story. ICE man said it was garbage. Onlya problem if you ram the old round pins in the rectangularslots! Halfords staff are backward, its just the way it is!

2005 Focus C-Max 1.8 Petrol Ghia + Sony 6 disc, 2007 tail lights, Led bulbs all over and HID front fogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page