Rubber Strip between windows and door - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Rubber Strip between windows and door

Hi All,

Had a stupid woman hit our mirror on our CMAX Ghia...

Luckly, it only knocked the cover off which I was able to click back on.
I think the mirror must be stronger due to the built in puddle lights and indicators, as hers came of a lot worse, shattered to bits !!

The only downside is that somehow the rubber strip along the top of our door between the glass and bodywork has a chunk out of it. Lucky really as 5mm lower would of caught the door bodywork.

So my question is, does anyone know if these strips can be removed and replaced, and if so how ?

Thanks guy's..

2004 2.0L Petrol Cmax Ghia in Tonic Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-30-2012, 12:51 PM

I've just looked at ours
It looks as though the rubber is over the metal edges of parts of the door skins and then retained in place by the door card

Without any ABSOLUTE EVIDENCE OR PROOF I think it would probably mean taking the door card off, lowering the window right down and then getting under the bottom edges of the rubber and levering the rubber off the metal of the door casing

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 3 Old 03-30-2012, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard G View Post
I've just looked at ours
It looks as though the rubber is over the metal edges of parts of the door skins and then retained in place by the door card

Without any ABSOLUTE EVIDENCE OR PROOF I think it would probably mean taking the door card off, lowering the window right down and then getting under the bottom edges of the rubber and levering the rubber off the metal of the door casing
Thanks for looking Richard..

I did ask a friendly Ford dealer and the rubber strip is only 13 + vat so not not expensive.
Imagine the repair costs had the door been dented and need repraying !!!

Our damaaged one is the rear door, still not sure how or why, unless the mirror off the womans Peugot bounced off it.

I did wonder about how to get the strip off this morning, as when I looked the window doesn't go right down to the bottom, it stops 5 or 6 inches up?

I asked the dealer this morning and he reckoned that it should just pull up and off, but I am not sure. Taking the door card won't really help as the window doesn't go right down, unless of course the window glass has to come out to. Really Hope not !!

I have ordered new strip, so will take a look at that when it arrives to see if it gives away any clues as to how it fits.

Thanks for your help.

2004 2.0L Petrol Cmax Ghia in Tonic Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page