Purchasing Another C-Max - Any Comments Please.... - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 06-20-2011, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Hi All

Well, after covering 155,000 in my 2004 1.8 petrol Zetec, I am considering replacing the car with a 2008 or 2009 Titanium. What is the opinion of this model (the zetec has been great, engine bullet proof, still runs as sweet asa nut). I am looking at any of the diesel models as my mileage is such as my fuel bill has now hit 350/month!!!

I am looking at the 1.8TDCi - mainly as there are so few Titanium 1.6TDCi's around. The 2.0TDCi is a possibility though the VED on this is fairly high. I am after a car with some of the extras as well, leather/sports pack etc.

All comments and opinions welcome...fire away..[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

2004 C-Max Zetec 1.8 Duratec HE Petrol, 151,000 miles still going strong..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-20-2011, 08:35 PM

Hi,what is the "VED"?I just got a cmax 2.0 titanium second hand[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
I'm affraid I can't comment on UK market, where I think it's much cheaper.
For European Market (Belgium, France, Germany, Italy):
Little 2.0 available, much more 1.6.1.8 is special ford engine and not much more powerful than 1.6. In addition it does not have DPF (diesel particul filter)-- > ignore that engine! Go for 1.6 TDCI, or if really needed 2.0TDCI.
Also, well Titanium is nice inside, but I notice "professional dealers" or private sellers often want much more under the "arguments" that titanium has better equipment- Sometimes it has the "gps inside", etc... Of course the "gps inside" is a rubbish blackpunt unit or anything deadly old.
If your not stuck to the inside, go for any model-(Ghia, Style, zetec, whatever)If really wanted/necessary you can probably fit the extra equipment for much much much cheaper than the wanted price.
For example in some country "titanium" means: privacy window, optional parking censors, and xeon lights. They often ask for much more money (1500euros easily) although fitting those separately (when possible) would cost much less.

Moreover, if you could wait I suggest you to get the new Ford 2.0, not titanium.It's probably better to get as the fuel consumption, electronic inside, etc... have been much improved! you will save on taxes and fuel- Probably wait a few months until companies start to sell their "professional cars" with relatively high mileage but in good condition.

Ok thats it![img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Edited by: carcar
post #3 of 15 Old 06-20-2011, 09:20 PM

I was looking for a 1.6tdci when we got ours, but found a 2.0 at the right price, so went for it. One reason we wanted the 1.6 was the lower VED, but the 2.0 isn't too bad at 130. The advantage of the titanium is the same reason i wanted a ghia, auto lights, auto wipers, rear sunblinds and electric rear windows all as standard. All you can do is have a look around and see what you think of one really.

Mark

2004 Magnum Grey 2.0 TDCI Ghia

post #4 of 15 Old 06-20-2011, 10:18 PM

I have just traded my car for a Mitsubishi.The only reason I have moved from the CMax is that I couldn't find another titanium with the 1.6 tdci and the kit that my car has.The 1.6 tdci will in the real world return at least 48mpg 9checking tankful to tankful)and is the one to look for - the 2 litre is thirsty and the 1.8'sI tried felt slower than the 1.6.Keep checking Autotrader - When i bought my car i was lucky as it was the only one on Autotrader and only 20 miles from home.

57 Titanium 1.6 110 DPF, X Sport pack, panoramic roof,Sony 6 CD changer with voice control bluetooth.
post #5 of 15 Old 06-20-2011, 10:59 PM

My tax has just come in at 165. [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img].

Doris.
2ltr TDCI Ghia 56 reg.
post #6 of 15 Old 06-20-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olliesgrandad
The 1.6 tdci will in the real world return at least 48mpg 9checking tankfulto tankful)and is the one to look for - the 2 litre is thirsty
To be fair, mine is giving me an average of 44mpg so far working it out brim to brim and not going by the trip computer. On a recent run the trip computer said i had averaged 65.1mpg for an 80 mile journey.

Mark

post #7 of 15 Old 06-20-2011, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Cheers guys..

44 mpg? I can get that out of the 1.8 petrol if I do 60mph everywhere. Most of my mileage is Yorkshire-London so will be on major roads at a steady speed. The 1.6TDCi is a complex unit with lots of sensors and gizmos and sod all room under the bonnet to work on it. However the MPG looks good. The 2.0TDCi is thirsty I think, but the VED puts me off at 165- it's only 20 less than the 1.8 petrol.

I can't find a Titanium anywhere that fits the bill. Found one on eBay with all extras including SatNav and climate control at 11.5K. Looked good but was the 1.8TDCi. Now sold sadly. Anyone got any thoughts on the 1.8TDCi good orbad?

post #8 of 15 Old 06-21-2011, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamair
Cheers guysThe 2.0TDCi is thirsty I think, but the VED putsme offat 165
Ah yes, i forgot the mk2 was in a higher tax bracket.[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Mark

post #9 of 15 Old 06-21-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamair
44 mpg? I can get that out of the 1.8 petrol if I do 60mph everywhere.

Most of that is short stop-start journeys on the school run.

Mark

post #10 of 15 Old 06-21-2011, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

Not too bad at all then, mine would do 25-27mpg doing that... Can't see me paying 165 for VED on the 2.0TDCi though - it's a ridiculous price really. Any other opinions on the 1.8TDCi? Pretty bullet proof? Economical? Noisy? Quiet?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page