C-Max Owners Club banner

Non Working Cigarette Lighter

22K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  LaposLazulia 
#1 ·
Hi,
I recently bought a 54 plate 1.6 TDCI which I absolutely love. Only thing is that the cigarette lighter outlet doesn't appear to be working (no lighter supplied but I can't charge my sat nav or phone from the outlet). I'm thinking it will probably be something simple like a new fuse that is required but I didn't get a handbook either so don't now where they are located or which one it would be. Any help gladly appreciated as I'm off on holiday next week and not looking foward to getting lost if I can't use the sat nav!!

#2 ·
If its the same as mine the fuse box is behind some trim under the passengers glove box, it drops down to reveal the fuses. mine is F39 for the cigar lighter. There is a good diagram on topic 3971 of this Forum I downloaded it and keep it in my hand book.

Ed

#4 ·
Hello,

As Kes72, I also have a problem with the front 12v socket/cigar lighter, the rear auxillary socket in the boot however works fine. My C Max is the 1.6 Zetec on a 07 plate. Looking at the fuse boxes as shown on topic 3971 my vehicle is fitted with thelater type fuse board with fuses numered from 100 up. Fuse 109 is listed as the fuse for the lighter and auxillary, this is ok as auxillary is working fine. Thought I had an issue with the cigar socket. so bought new and the plastic outer, but low and behold still same. Have checked for supply to the socket on the two cables below no supply?. Light for the socket however, lights up when main lights tuned on. Has anyone else had this problem, if so would appreciate you findings, as at present looks like I will have to run a new supply to the12v socket in the console.

Ta Bob

#5 ·
Hi,

Just a quick addition to the debate. I have a later cmax but have 2 12v sockets in the cabin as well as one in the boot. Both cabin sockets are fed by the same fuse, not sure about the boot. Having checked with a meter, my problem was that the socket adjacent to the cup holders didn't work but the other (centre console facing the centre rear seat) did.
My assumption is that the previous owner spilled something into the socket as I used a dremel with wire brush attachment (having first removed the fuse) to carefully clean the socket to restore functionality.
Possibly worth a clean before going to the hassle of running new cabling?

Regards

Andy T

#6 ·
Dear All,
Thank you for your replies. Although it pains me to say, my "faulty" cigarette lighter outlet was caused by, i'm presuming,the previous owner accidentlydropping a button into itthe which obviously prevented it from working!! Button removed and hey presto it works!! I'll keep all the above links to help me when it really does stop working!

#7 ·
Hello All,

Just an update to my problem with the 12v centre consul unit. Having checked out the fuse boards again, low and behold the newer versions of the car do have seperate fuses for the front and the 12v unit in the boot after all. Checked the correctr fuse for the 12v unit in the centre consul and was blown? Fuse replaced all working fine. Information in the owners manual a little unclear, took to purchasing the newly published Haynes Manual and fault found straight away.

Regards

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.