No 3 injector leaking diesel - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-17-2012, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

No 3 injector leaking diesel

Hello

I have a 54 reg diesel c-max ghia which has done around 77,000 miles. I recently began to notice a slight smell of fumes whilst driving and took it to Bristol St Ford today to get it checked out. I was told that the no 3 injector was leaking diesel and that the injector requires stripping down and replacing. They have quoted 371 including VAT to fix it and I was just wondering if you thought this was a far price or what I should be paying! I am taking the car to Halfords tomorrow to see what they say. I have been told that I shouldn't be driving the car and should obviously get it sorted as soon as possible.

Any feedback would be gratefully received.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-17-2012, 05:15 PM

Send a message via MSN to Beaker
Is it the injector, or is it the fuel return?

I had an issue with the fuel return, and the AA Dude advised it's a known issue with the 2.0 TDCi as it gets older.

I've done a previous post about it. Does seem expensive, though it's a fairly hefty job! you have to pull the inlet menifold off to get to the injectors!
post #3 of 8 Old 09-17-2012, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Is it the injector, or is it the fuel return?

I had an issue with the fuel return, and the AA Dude advised it's a known issue with the 2.0 TDCi as it gets older.

I've done a previous post about it. Does seem expensive, though it's a fairly hefty job! you have to pull the inlet menifold off to get to the injectors!
Hi

It's the injector seal I believe. They have quoted 160 for labour and the rest for parts.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-17-2012, 09:09 PM

Hi there.

Are fords having a laugh??? I'm having the same problem and was told
It was the injector deal but I can not find anything leaking. The guy from fords said I would have some kind of sludge. Ive put my hand right down the back of the
Engine and nothing. I was told it could be the flexi pipe on the exhaust before the cat.
I'm still trying to get this one sorted.

Focus C Max 2.0TDCi GHIA 2004 04 plate, LED footwell lights, boot LED light, Map reading Lights LED's and painted green brake calipers, Ford green and black coloured gel badges.

In the pipe line: Twin DVD head rest sets and new stereo.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-18-2012, 05:40 AM

Hello,
I have a 54 plate 1.6 TDCi I blew the injector seal after a long journey really pushing the car. When i started the car in the morning it sounded like a tractor. Again it was number 3 injector seal. I took it to my local garage about meters down the road he had the new seal handy and job done and back on the road done in 2 hours and 85 including VAT.

You can drive the car with broken seal but it is dangerous and fumes come back into car and you also run risk of damaging injector as it will fill with dirt and diesel. Thus making the job harder to repair.

If you have the time it is easy to repair according to the haynes manual. The new seal is about 4 but it is a tedious job and for me 85 was reasonable as i needed the car for work.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-18-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyx2000 View Post
Hello,
I have a 54 plate 1.6 TDCi I blew the injector seal after a long journey really pushing the car. When i started the car in the morning it sounded like a tractor. Again it was number 3 injector seal. I took it to my local garage about meters down the road he had the new seal handy and job done and back on the road done in 2 hours and 85 including VAT.

You can drive the car with broken seal but it is dangerous and fumes come back into car and you also run risk of damaging injector as it will fill with dirt and diesel. Thus making the job harder to repair.

If you have the time it is easy to repair according to the haynes manual. The new seal is about 4 but it is a tedious job and for me 85 was reasonable as i needed the car for work.
"would this be the defo answer to the fumes inside the cabin, im guessing the injectors are on top and are visible i have looked all over and there is no sign of leaking fuel or anything that tells me it would be the injectors"

cheers

Focus C Max 2.0TDCi GHIA 2004 04 plate, LED footwell lights, boot LED light, Map reading Lights LED's and painted green brake calipers, Ford green and black coloured gel badges.

post #7 of 8 Old 09-18-2012, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

The car has been into Halfords today and they have diagnosed the same problem and quoted between 100 (best case scenario) to 800/900 to repair it!!! Could it possibly cost this much? At this rate I'll be booking it into Bristol Street which now seems like a good deal!
post #8 of 8 Old 09-18-2012, 04:02 PM

Hi Daphnemoon

How have Halfords managed to come up with that price?? thats ridiclous.

Having fumes coming up friom down the back and the injectors being inside how does it make way for fumes to ever escape.??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page