New member- 70mph vibration - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-04-2011, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

Hi all, first time on a forum, have a 2006 2.0 tdci ghia, have had it for 6 months and have had nothing but trouble with it, from cutting out to hesitation at low speeds. I have had to shell 300 for a 5litre can of fuel additive (you only need 2.5litres at a time)this was after the dashboard message came up saying engine systems fault.my latest problem is when travelling at around 70mph there is a vibration through the car, the car drives fine otherwise and at lower speeds.i am getting fed up with the car and the wife moaning about it.[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]please help

dibble 2.0 tdci ghia, family motor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-06-2011, 03:11 AM

Mine too! Only from cold though. My vibration kicks in just under 70 and stays till about 80ish. I changed the badly worm from brake discs and the vibration has gone. Most likely a badly balanced wheel or really worn disc. The other possibility is an egged tyre, where it's gone out of shape a big egged! Pretty much only happens to dirt cheap foreign brands or after a heavy hit. Also, really unlikely possibility is really badly shot shock absorbers as they can bounce over certain road surfaces if the seals have gone.

I'd start with a good wheel balance. Go for sticky weights, not rim weights, while your at it get the fitter to look at the tyre and check for damage. My wife had a fiesta years ago that had an egged tyre after she hit a fence post that had dropped of a lorry in front. The tread looked fine, but a patch.in the middle of the tyre was buldging out.

2005 Focus C-Max 1.8 Petrol Ghia + Sony 6 disc, 2007 tail lights, Led bulbs all over and HID front fogs.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-07-2011, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

thanks for your reply, sounds like we have similar problems, i am due for some new tyres to the rear anyway so i think i will get them changed and get the balancing done at the same time, also i will ask for the stick on weights as you suggest. thanks again and hopefully i can start to enjoy driving my cmax and have a happy wife.[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

dibble 2.0 tdci ghia, family motor

post #4 of 4 Old 05-10-2011, 09:31 PM

If the vibration is through the steering wheel it'll be the fronts that need re balancing, if the whole car vibrates it'll be the rears. If that doesn't solve it then yes, i'd start looking at brake discs.

Mark

2004 Magnum Grey 2.0 TDCI Ghia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page