New cmax mudflaps - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 08-18-2011, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
QQQ

Hello All
I ordered a cmax ecoboost. I get it next week. Dealer just rang to say that mudflaps cannot be fitted to the new model. Is this correct?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 08-22-2011, 06:43 AM

I'm interested in this on two counts 1. I'm getting a CMax ecoboost for delivery end Sept (though horror stories about delivery times on the site make be question that!) - am interested in what you think about your new machine when it arrives; and 2. am debating whether to have mud flaps and if I can't that solves the dilemma!

If anyone has the rear bumper protection I would be interested to know whether it is worth it and what it looks like, my boys are pretty good but the cricket bags sometimes catch the bumper when being removed from the car so wondering whether to get the added protection.

I keep debating whether I have made the right decision the focus is a nicer looking car but with a 6ft 2 14 year old I felt the Cmax may be a better option - time will tell.
post #3 of 19 Old 08-22-2011, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
QQQ

Hi Siziphene,
Mudflaps cannot be fitted to Titanium due to the body skirt. Brochure and configuration tool on Ford site shows dual exhaust. It doesn't exist. (misprint on a configuration tool? lol). Considering cancelling order after reading about the new Cmax's many and varied failings and not getting what I ordered. (exhaust etc)

2011 cmax 1.6 ecoboost Titanium 5 Door. City pack. stop/start

post #4 of 19 Old 08-22-2011, 08:05 AM

I have the most unreliable 5 year old car you could have. I am dreading the fact that the CMax may have problems I have spent far too much of the last 5 years waiting for the AA. But what are the alternatives won't touch current make, VW would do a good enough deal, Honda not big enough petrol engine etc etc I cannot be unlucky twice in a row surely.
post #5 of 19 Old 08-22-2011, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
QQQ

The problem is that ,on paper, the ecoboost does everything I want. I've had a 1.6 zetec focus for eight years with very few problems. Never stranded me. The new model focus has a small boot and seems to have similar problems to the CMax. I can only spend my twenty grand once!I'm afraid I'm not as forgiving as some forum members appear to be. I expect a brand new car to perform it's basic functions perfectly.(get real,eh?,*s)

post #6 of 19 Old 08-22-2011, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
QQQ

Suziphene, I will be getting the bumper protection. I'll keep you posted.

post #7 of 19 Old 08-22-2011, 03:10 PM

Great thanks, presumably it is factory fitted. I;m just a bit worried about whether it will discolour or start to peel or anything stupid like that - this car is going to have to last me a few years.
post #8 of 19 Old 08-22-2011, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
QQQ

It's an accessory Suziphene. Mine will be fitted when it arrives. Ford are advertising lots of stuff that they haven't actually got yet. There is a more robust version in metal , like the scuff plates,but it's over 100 !

post #9 of 19 Old 08-26-2011, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
QQQ

Suziphene,
Hi. Update: I had the boot lip protection foil fitted. I had it removed as soon as I saw it. It was bubbly, dirty at each end and looked like a nasty piece of clingfilm applied by a five year old! Don't buy it. New car seems ok. It's going to dealers to get a chip fixed. (hadn't even been out of the dealers). Waiting for a manual. (supplied with a Fiesta one!) I need to ask about the peculiar whining noise when accelerating. Looks like being a few days before I suss out what all the buttons do. *s (maybe Benfield Ford will give me a manual to help)

post #10 of 19 Old 08-26-2011, 07:23 PM

Thanks for letting me know had a feeling that it wouldn't be great essentially needs someone adept at covering books with plastic rather than a car mechanic to fit it! There is a link to an online manual as was looking at it last night. Need a c max degree to work it all out what happened to just turning a key and driving! Hope it wasn't too disappointing finding the chip on it, I notice everything on my car as am a saddo that washes it weekly without fail. Asked my boys this week whether they would keep a car like their mum or dad when they got one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page