New C Max - creaking plastic? - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 11-21-2011, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

My lovely new car was beautifully quiet but now a month on I find I am the annoyed owner of a creaking noise which sounds like ill fitting plastic coming either from the dash or passenger side. I have taken all loose contents out of the car driven with glove compartments and cubby holes open, moved the seating position, pushed this and that firmly closed and cannot work out where it is-not helped by the fact it is usually just me in the car. It tends to happen on the rougher surfaces. Problem of course is often you think it is coming from one area and turns out to be a sound trick. Anyone solved creak ideas?

1.6 Ecoboost - Frozen White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-21-2011, 04:38 PM

Patience I think. I had that for the first couple of thousand miles, but lately it seems to have disappeared.I don't know if it's because I've got used to it, or because I cranked the volume up a notch on the radio, or maybe it really has gone.The noise at first seemed to come from the passenger side dash, then from somewhere just behind the passenger seat, then from the roof cubby holes.

Ordered 30.07, built 05.09.11, delivered 06/10/11, C-Max Titanium 1.6 TDCi 115, blazer blue, First Edition and Easy Driver packs, alarm, cruise, navigation, daytime running lights, spacesaver spare
post #3 of 7 Old 11-21-2011, 10:01 PM

The centre console on my car creaks ( very cheap plastic ) I had an annoying rattle from behind the passenger seat , it turned out to be the centre seat resting points, try stowing the centre seat and see if that cures anything.

Grand C-Max titanium 2.0 Duratorq PowerShift.

post #4 of 7 Old 11-21-2011, 11:03 PM

Next time it creaks try putting pressure on the passenger air vent.

Titanium 2.0TDCi Powershift Moondust Silver
post #5 of 7 Old 11-22-2011, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Hi all, John p you have the measure of the creak and I keep opening the roof cubby holes thinking it's coming from that. Stanza funnily enough I did that on the way home tonight whilst stopped in traffic but from then on was on the smooth tarmic or below 30 so didn't get chance to test the result. However it did creak when being pushed! Trouble is car is quite wide to be putting pressure on spots when driving. if all else has failed will try middle seat at the weekend. I also fiddled with the 3rd seatbelt housing last week so though I may not quite have put that back in properly. Thanks all will report back.

1.6 Ecoboost - Frozen White
post #6 of 7 Old 02-02-2012, 07:54 PM

I have a 2010 Ford CMAX that has been creaking since the day i picked it up. It has been back in the garage more times for them to try and fix it.. They have replaced seals 3 times, lubricated them, adjusted doors, re-foamed the roof and still cant stop the creaking. Its not as bad as it used to be but it is so annoying. When i turn, go to park up on paths, go around roundabouts, go up multi-story car parks and lots more times. It is not as bad going over speed ramps but they have agreed there is nothing more they can do with it.. Any body else had these problems??
post #7 of 7 Old 02-02-2012, 07:55 PM

It seems to be a fault in them. They had this problem in 2006 and had to recall them.. What has your garage said??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page