mud flaps - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 08-19-2010, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to big bird69 Send a message via MSN to big bird69 Send a message via Yahoo to big bird69
hi im after some mud flaps but dont knowwhich to get ,wen i look it says they are for all different kinds of body which i dont understand ,can any 1 help with my spec of cmax many thanks.

2007 1.8 ghia moondust silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-20-2010, 01:13 AM

i'am in the middle of being supplied the wrong ones and hopfully the right ones so will let you know wot fits my model, got them from a thread on here fordonline have a discount at the moment.

i\'am a donkey on the edge.

Tango c-max zetec 1.6. 6 disc sony 2 x 7.5\" headrest tv\'s
post #3 of 11 Old 08-20-2010, 02:25 AM

Go to your local fraud dealer. They stick your number plate in their computer, et voila ...

2004 1.6 petrol LX

post #4 of 11 Old 08-20-2010, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to big bird69 Send a message via MSN to big bird69 Send a message via Yahoo to big bird69
thanks for the help will give ford a ring in the morning.

2007 1.8 ghia moondust silver
post #5 of 11 Old 08-20-2010, 05:10 PM

Make sure that they supply the right ones.
Some cars have a plastic trim below the sill which will affect the front mudguards. They fit really well once you've got the correct ones.

2009 (59) 110 ZETEC -
post #6 of 11 Old 08-20-2010, 05:54 PM

I fitted mud flaps to my car a while back as i wanted to protect the front arch and seal before they got damaged. I purchesed the correct mud flaps for my veichle from ford and fitted them as instructed. I at first was very happy with them they fitted great and for a while did the job. I then notciced for whatever reason that a gap appeared and that the mud flaps no longer fitted flush with the wing meaning dirt and grim was getting into the gap and you could see that it was damaging the paintwork. I decided to take mine off in the end and when I did there was damage to the paint work that was not there before. I took my mud flaps back to ford and asked what was wrong with the mud flaps and he informed me that it was a common problem and he has seen endless people complaing about it. I now the plastic peice on the front of my car that comes on all the new fords and it protects the paintwork fine. I had to do a little modifying as they did not come on the 04 c max but once done it was fine.

2004 focus c max ghia 1.8 petrol
post #7 of 11 Old 11-15-2010, 08:53 PM

i was test driving our (potential) C-Max over the weekend with mud flaps/guard on and was told by the dealer that especially the rear ones, they can push the bumper out as the mud flaps can catch low kerbs etc and therefore knocking the bumper out of alignment.

This happened to the one we were test driving and tbh, i never liked mud flaps so asked the dealer to take them off for our next viewing and decide whether to keep them or not.

apparently this is a very common "fault" with these mud flaps

post #8 of 11 Old 11-16-2010, 03:08 PM

It always amazes me how often mudflaps are lying around near automatic carwashes.
post #9 of 11 Old 11-16-2010, 05:01 PM

front flaps on front wheel drive vehicles do tend to protect the sills just behind the wheels from chips and rusting

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #10 of 11 Old 11-19-2010, 12:10 AM

I had a set of flaps on a Ford Ka, they were fantastic, no chicken tails up the sides in muddy water, and salt crust in winter. Well worth it.

2005 Focus C-Max 1.8 Petrol Ghia + Sony 6 disc, 2007 tail lights, Led bulbs all over and HID front fogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page