MkI to MkII facelift? - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-09-2012, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

MkI to MkII facelift?

Hi all,
I have not long been a C-Max owner and i can never leave my cars alone! I am thinking of facelifting my MkI to a MkII, i was going to buy 2 new headlights as my current ones are really milky so i got thinking... Hmm maybe i should buy the newer headlights and give the C-Max a little face lift!

So my question is, does anyone know if i just need to change the front bumper,the bonnet and the headlights to make this work?

Thanks all!
Scott.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-09-2012, 05:00 PM

why not just trade old one in and get mk2

Ford Grand C-Max 1.6 TDCi Zetec 61 Plate
Apperance Pack & Family Pack
post #3 of 12 Old 05-09-2012, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Nah, i like a project, if i bought a MkII i'd want to try and make it something else!

post #4 of 12 Old 05-10-2012, 12:24 AM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
People to ask would be Ford dealers. They'll know the different part numbers for the various bits. I would hope it would just be bonnet, wings, Headlamps, Bumper & Grille. But the slam panel may be different too. I rather think that's plenty and will also cost a bob ot two unless you can source the parts 2nd hand. A local body shop could probably help too.

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #5 of 12 Old 05-10-2012, 01:36 PM

Hi Scottg23, as with all modifications your insurance may be an issue with such major modifications, have you spoken to your insurance company about it?

56reg Focus c-max 2.0 tdci ghia

Tango metallic sony 6 disc player front & rear parking sensors,privacy glass,climate control
post #6 of 12 Old 05-10-2012, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Big Budgie, thats what i though, although i'm thinking the wings should be the same as they just blanked out the side repeater with a Titanium badge on the models with the repeater on the mirrors, i was very much looking at second hand parts as i am friendly with a sprayer

Athonycmax - no spoken with the insurance company, very much doubt i will, i will be using all genuine ford parts so how on earth are they going to find out about it, for all they know it was how the car was made, its not as if im putting a stupid Ripspeed spoiler or any aftermarket parts on. Its still going to be a C-Max afterall!
post #7 of 12 Old 05-10-2012, 03:49 PM

Just had a look at some pics on the Autotrader website and have to say that the wings do look very similar. The bonnet and bumper is different, as is the grille. The only other external difference between the two marks, other than wheels, as far as I know, is the rear lights. The Mk2s have rather natty looking LEDs in them, although not everyone seems to like them. If you also put leds in the sidelamps, as I have, it will really reduce current draw and reduce the possibility of a flat battery should you inadvertently leave on your lights. Something which I have done a few times in the past!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #8 of 12 Old 05-10-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottg23 View Post
Athonycmax - no spoken with the insurance company, very much doubt i will, i will be using all genuine ford parts so how on earth are they going to find out about it, for all they know it was how the car was made, its not as if im putting a stupid Ripspeed spoiler or any aftermarket parts on. Its still going to be a C-Max afterall!
They will know the build date of you car from the VIM (Month and year) and the date of the facelift. They may well also have access to the first VIN of the facelifted range from Ford.

If ever there were any damage then the assessor would know what features were for that vehicle and on seeing the whole changed headlamps would start looking for the less obvious

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #9 of 12 Old 05-11-2012, 10:11 AM

Insurance companies will love you, perfect excuse to void your insurance through undeclared modifications and save themselves a heap of money on repairs.

I run a very heavily modified discovery as well, all modifications however minor to me are declared and overall it hasn't made much difference to the premium.

Is it really worth the risk?

ChrisW

2004 1.6 TDCI Focus C-Max Zetec
post #10 of 12 Old 05-11-2012, 11:31 AM

They're absolutely right. You MUST declare mods to the insurance people. I once fitted a tuning box to a car and actually asked the insurance how much difference it would make BEFORE I even ordered it. It actually only added 15 a year so it wasn't that bad. I more than made that back in increased economy. There was a young lad up here who fitted one and didn't tell his insurance. He then had an accident, wrote off the car and wrecked about 30m of fence. When he tried to make a claim the insurance assessor had found the tuning box and the claim was disallowed because his insurance was invalidated. So he lost his car and had to pay for the fence. I believe the police then prosecuted him for driving without insurance, even though he'd paid the premiums up to date. The undeclared mods invalidated the lot!
So, best tell them, It probably won't cost you much, if anything, as you say you're not putting on expensive aftermarket parts and making your car a greater theft risk, just "sprucing it up a bit". Your choice.

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page