Looking to buy a Cmax, is it a good car? - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-05-2011, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Hi All
I am thinking of getting a Cmax, I am looking at the TDCI's either 1.8 or 2.0 and looking at 54, and 05 plates, i have seen some nice cars with good mileage (under 50k) but not sure, i currently own a 53 plate 1.9DCI Scenic II and its been a complete nightmare car so really wanted to know if Cmaxs are reliable good family cars? i will use it everyday doing about 15k miles per year really, i like Cmax's due to the space but have also seen some focus's that i like

Cheers for any advice

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-05-2011, 09:30 PM

If you are considering the 1.8 Diesel then don't just rule out the 1.6 just because of engine size. If you are not going to be towing with it then I(as a 1.6 owner) would suggest there is not a lot of difference. Even the 1.6 will happily continue at Motorway speed (PLUS) without being noisy. It's also lower on VED in most cases

DO NOT and again NOT have anything to do with the variable transmission autogearbox in relation to diesel engine especially with the 1.6

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 6 Old 01-07-2011, 01:12 AM

Hi Fraherg,
I dont think you will be dissapointed, Icurrently havea 041.6tdci Zetec (until saturday)and totally fell in love with the car.Yes they had there teethingfaults especially the earlier model as mine. If you like a good driving position with the elevated view of the road, and loads of handy storage areas,this car's for you.
Now looking forward to my 09 Titanium on Saturday.

Kevly

2009 C Max 1.8tdci Titanium SportX Pack Moondust Silver and \"lovin it\"

post #4 of 6 Old 01-14-2011, 01:10 AM

I love my c-max, i have 2 small children and find the boot space is fantastic but also it's not a 'mumsy' car. It's been great in the snow and would recommend anyone who needs a bigger car to go for a c-max
post #5 of 6 Old 02-07-2011, 09:33 PM

Dont bother, my c-max is the worst carI have ever had in 40years, in fact I would never ever buy another Ford. My 1.8TCDi engine has failed at just 48,000 miles cannot believe it, big end bearing has spun on no.2 con rod, having to pay for engine rebuild 3500.00 with no help from Ford or the Main Dealer who supplied it. Car is4 years old in April, it has always been serviced at correct times and always well looked after.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-08-2011, 12:42 AM

Love my c-max iv had lots of cars over the years i just changed my 2.0lt tdci mondeo for a 2.0lt petrol zetec c-max the car drives great lots of space and storage space ,only thing i miss is the trim levels on the mondeo were better than the cmax both zetecs but on the whole a perfect car

57 plate c-max 2.0 zetec petrol power in ocean blue,

sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page