limited epb an battery light on - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 08-16-2008, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

i have had my 2 ltr tdci 54 plate ghia for 4 months so far it has gone in for repair as the battery light came on along with limited epb functionand then would not start so called thr rac and they said it was the alternator so he put a new battery on and followed me to the garage after putting it on a machine dealer said the programe needed upgrading which they done its been 3 weeks now and suprise suprise its happend again so could someone help with what it is so i can go to the dealer with some ideas

thanks bundiboy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-17-2008, 01:02 PM

I also have this problem, only difference is that I was stuck in a traffic jam in the pouring rain for about an hour. The Limited (!) EPB Function warning came on. I got the car home and left over night, when I turned the car on this morning the same warning came on then power assist warning came on and also system failure!!!!!!!!!
Ive put the battery on a slow charge to get some power back then drive it around for a while then hopefully it should dry out. Would this be wright or has my altenator packed in?
Could it have been the heavy rain affecting the charge ( it was really heavy over here in Ireland) ? I have not got a clue about cars! You put petrol in and it goes! Thats all i Know about them!!!!!!
post #3 of 13 Old 08-17-2008, 03:22 PM

Hi , ihad same prob two weeks ago .only difference was i was in a car park on the swiss boarder .ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . had it towed to a ford garage ,after hooking up to the computer it needed a new alternator. touch wood its been ok since

post #4 of 13 Old 08-17-2008, 06:18 PM

I'm surprised that whatever the cause that alternators need replacing in such a realtively short period

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #5 of 13 Old 08-17-2008, 08:42 PM

Once the atl starts to give less charge,it very soon packs up and need replacing,putting the battery on slow charge will help,but in the end a new alt is the only option.If when you have a new alt you still get computer warning ,get garage to reset it on diagnostics.If done at Ford dealer,they should do it as a matter of course!

post #6 of 13 Old 08-18-2008, 11:39 AM

Well the outcome of my woes is that I need a new altenator costing 250 for supply and fitting. Hopefully this sorts out my problem and enlighten's all concerned...
post #7 of 13 Old 08-18-2008, 11:42 AM

Thanks for all your help
post #8 of 13 Old 08-18-2008, 03:18 PM

You seem to have got the costing just right,any more & I think you might be ripped off!

post #9 of 13 Old 08-19-2008, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

just to let you all know ive now got my 2ltr tdci ghia back from a very helpfull ford dealer in thrapston northants where i bought my car from. due to limited epb on the display on the dash they have now replaced the alternator and the problem seems to have been fixed.luckly when i got the car the dealer included a very good warrenty which covered the cost.however the warrenty does not include dianostic but as i got the car from them the also waved that cost so the total to me was zero.so thumbs up to thrapston fords
post #10 of 13 Old 08-19-2008, 03:16 PM

Well done

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page