Leaving - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 09-05-2011, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Hi Guys

Sorry to say I will be leaving the C-Max Owners Club as I have sold mine. I had a 2.0 Tdci Ghia which was very good, very economical, pulled like a train and had a very versatile seating plan but it had the dreaded Electronic Parking Break which I could manage with on the flat or small hills but on a recent trip to the Lake District showed just how bad an idea it is. When I drive a car I like to have full control in the normal manor not having to juggle my feet on the pedals and abusing the clutch due to a clear design fault. I believe other manufacturers have some sort of automatic release of the EPB when you start to go forward mine had no such luxury and the break would only release with the clutch pedal fully down, on a steep hill and having only two legs a roll back is inevitable.

Sorry to leave but it was fun while it lasted.

Ed

54 2.0 TDCI Ghia non DPF Tonic Blue

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-05-2011, 03:36 PM

We will be sorry to see you go[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img],but I fully understand your reasons.We were up in the Lakes last year & I was sooo glad I had a normal handbrake.Any idea on the replacement? Keep us posted.
CheersMM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #3 of 10 Old 09-05-2011, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for that Micky, I am getting a Kia Sorento 2.5 Diesel bit of a tug but should be great for pulling my caravan.

Ed

post #4 of 10 Old 09-05-2011, 08:44 PM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
Can anyone tell me exactly what is the reason that manufacturers have come up with this crazy idea? This is exactly the reason I did not buy a C4 Picasso, well that and the fact you can't get the 2.0 litre Diesel with anything other than some kind of Auto gearbox. Not in used cars anyway where the choice is either full auto or EGS. WHY is this? Has the customer ceased to matter. Is it a case of "We have invented this technology and you will have it whether you like it or not". Whatever happened to choice?The only choice left to me was to buy another manufacturers vehicle. Ironically, the C-Max is fitted with the engine and gearbox combo I would have happily bought in a C4 Pic! C'est la vie!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #5 of 10 Old 09-06-2011, 03:31 AM

I'll second Big Budgie, when we bought our Max, the 2.0Tdci in a Zetec trim came with Powershift transmission only, Titanium however came with both Powershift and Manual ( but deleted Privacy glass which was standard on Zetec!, less is more and all that ).Why everything has to be part of a " pack " is beyond me, look at current C-Max, Parking sensors in one pack, Sun blinds in another, leather in yet another!

2010 Titanium 2.0 TDCI Panther Black.
post #6 of 10 Old 09-06-2011, 03:25 PM

I have to concur with you,

I had the same issue with the C4 with the gearboxs, and with the Peugeot 5008 I wanted heated seats, but you have to have leather if you want them about 1700 pounds for five seats and around 2500 for seven seems a lot to pay to get heated front seats.[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]
What I found a shame was not that the are packs, but it was not easy to add simple things like sun blinds to the C-max without buying a whole pack.[img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]
Even more odd is that I have found out that my option list is now not possible to purchase, as they have changed the options already.[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Grand C-Max 2.0TDCI Titanium Colorado Red
Tinted windows - bi-xenon/washers - 17\" Wheels
Winter pack
Sony Gps SD Hands free - reversing camera - parking sensors - key free
post #7 of 10 Old 09-06-2011, 03:51 PM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
Ah!! All is becoming clear! I wondered why some Titaniums had privacy glass and some didn't when I was cruising Autotraders website. Whatever happened to the good old L, GL and GLX of the old days, when the 2000Es of this world ruled the roost and were pick of the corporate car park? Trim levels and options were easy to follow back then because each level had the same gear as the one before PLUS a bit more and maybe better Seat materials etc. My sons 10 year old Citroen Xsara LX has climate control as standard, but its on the options list even for the top spec C-Maxes. Seems odd to me and smacks of money saving by Ford. While I'm on that subject, What happened to the adjustable rear seats I thought were meant to be standard on the Zetec?

Cheers Colin

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #8 of 10 Old 09-06-2011, 05:21 PM

Ah the 1600 every schoolboys dream Ford at one time.

Funny you should have mentioned the seats, as somebody has recently asked just that question.

Grand C-Max 2.0TDCI Titanium Colorado Red
Tinted windows - bi-xenon/washers - 17\" Wheels
Winter pack
Sony Gps SD Hands free - reversing camera - parking sensors - key free
post #9 of 10 Old 09-06-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaz
Thanks for that Micky, I am getting a Kia Sorento 2.5 Diesel bit of a tug but should be great for pulling my caravan.

Ed
Watch out for front tyre wear
A neighbour had one and did seem to have them wear quickly

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #10 of 10 Old 09-06-2011, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

You could well be right there Richard as I had noticed that it would be needing new front one soon but the rears are OK.

Ed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page