Just bought C-Max and scared - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 08-13-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Hi,

Have just bought a 2006 Ford Focus Cmax 1.6 LX and really pleased BUT having read lots of reviews on different sites apparently the cars are really really dangers. Engines cutting out constantly, lots of faults, new engines needed etc. Has someone got the same car and had it for a while, or anyone really that can put my mind at rest. We will be towing and the last thing we want is problems. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-13-2009, 07:37 PM

The very first few has problems but it was a new car and so lots fo extensive testing couldn't be done. 2006 is 3 years after it first came out so it will be alot more refined than the earlier ones.

08 1.8 Titanium C-Max *ST Styled* With Car PC Fitted
Previous:54 1.6TDCi LX Focus C-Max
post #3 of 10 Old 08-13-2009, 07:39 PM

JUST like every other car Louise , you get some bad ones (badly maintained) then you get some good ones (correctly maintained) . We had a 2008 model 1600 petrol for a year , never no problems , honestly c max's are fantastic all round motor cars

58 PLATE 2.0 TDCI ZETEC,

post #4 of 10 Old 08-13-2009, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Thank you, that has helped put my mind at rest, any other good points from anyone would be good
post #5 of 10 Old 08-13-2009, 10:45 PM

This ever growing community of users where we hopefully manage to remember the solutions

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #6 of 10 Old 08-13-2009, 10:55 PM

Hello Louise.

I have been driving my 2004 1.6 petrol for 12 months. It's going in for its MOT tomorrow and I expect it to pass. I have had absolutely no problems with the car, and I mean absolutely no problems. Before I bought the car from a dealer I telephoned the previous owner. Again absolutely no problems since new, and, since I have the service history and all invoices, I have confirmation of its reliability. It's all very dull and boring, I'm afraid. The problem about engines cutting out seems to be relevant only to early diesel models, and has never applied to petrol duratec engines, which have proved to be reliable and have been fitted to millions of cars worldwide to date.

I liked the car when I bought it and I still do. It's no rocket ship, but it's comfortable and reasonably quiet, and the driving position, steering, breaks and all of the other important stuff is just about spot on. You might find it a touch underpowered if you are really loaded up, but the engine is very flexible, which makes up for its shortcomings in this respect.

As Patriot says, a few people are very unlucky. We all know that there are 'dog-day' cars out there, and some of us have bought one at some point, but there is no reason to suppose that yours is one of them. Happy drives [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img].

post #7 of 10 Old 08-14-2009, 01:20 AM

We have had ours 2 years now & apart from a couple of hic ups (alt,air con condedser & broken wiring) the car has been fantastic.We got back last nite from a long weekend in Devon,covering over 500 miles with no problems & feeling as though I`d only driven to shop & back.We got 62 mpg going down & same coming back with an overall average of 56mpg.Ok so ours is a 2.0 TDCI but there`s so much space & it`s really comfortable.
MM

post #8 of 10 Old 08-14-2009, 02:53 AM

it's all good people .

58 PLATE 2.0 TDCI ZETEC,
post #9 of 10 Old 08-14-2009, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone so much for all your replies, I am so much happier now. I drove it for the first time properly today as my husband has been using it and its wonderful, it feels like im driving a coach, so big and up highand and I love it. Thanks Romseyraver for your long reply and to MetalMickey saying you have just got back from Devon - thanks all - safe driving xxx
post #10 of 10 Old 08-15-2009, 12:09 AM

Good on ya , happy safe motoring Louise . T.c

58 PLATE 2.0 TDCI ZETEC,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page