isofix - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-21-2009, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

i am in the process of finding a car seat for my grandson i have found the isofix fitting in the rear seat but dont no were to find the fitting for the tether strap can anyone help ? the only fixing i can find is the luggage fixing could they be it the seat i intend to use is a britax duo plus recomended by ford

tunnifish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-05-2009, 12:40 PM

Hi. At that moment idon'thave official reply from Ford Motor Company, but there is my thought. You can use a handle marked with red on my photo:

Here is a picture about top thether anchors.
1) Luggage fixing is not suitable for top thether, its too weak. If you look at another Ford car, for example Kuga or S-max, you can find real top thether anchors and it made from 6 mm diameter rigid round horizontal bar, as a isofix anchors.
2)In S-max and Focus (american version) top thether anchors located on a the rear seat back.

S-max rear seat back.

Ford Focus. Photo from http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=35397

You can look at site with many photos of isofix and top thether in various cars: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=55311
3) Handle marked with red on first photo located at back,similarto Ford and S-max, and sufficiently strong.

4) Only known troubles is that diameter of handle a little bit bigger that need, and
latch lock don't "click" (

If you or anyone will find official position about top thether anchor in C-max, please let me know.

post #3 of 7 Old 06-05-2009, 12:46 PM

And a little update. On russian C-max owner club i posted a guide to isofix in C-max. You don't need to cut seats.

Here is a main picture

Auto translated version (warning. Top thether on pictures attached to luggage fixing, it is not RIGHT): http://translate.google.com/translat...history_state0=

post #4 of 7 Old 06-05-2009, 10:17 PM

Britax presumable worked with Ford to get the reccomendation. Have they any thoughts

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #5 of 7 Old 06-05-2009, 10:30 PM

This is so obvious that somebody must have checked but......
Are the top tethers long enough to clip to the same bars from behind the seat that the main fixings fix to from the front by chance?

On our fabric seats I can get to the fixing point relatively easily from behind the seat

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #6 of 7 Old 06-09-2009, 04:23 PM

Like on this scheme ?

post #7 of 7 Old 06-09-2009, 10:39 PM

The Isofix car seat we have for our eldest child (almost 3yrs of age ) is the Jane Indy Plus Isofix.

This child Isofix car seat DOES NOT require a top tether. Our little girl loves being in it as the seat can be tilted when she asleep and the side wings can be adjusted when she is wearing a coat or winter clothing.

It's possibly a little on the expensive side but in my opinion well worth it [img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page