ipod connection - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 12-12-2009, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Hi,

I have recently purchased a 2007 Focus C-Max 1.8 Zetec, and so far so good.

It has the standard 6000 stereo installed with the AUX button, but no built-in aux sockets. I am currently investigating my options for iPod connection. I have an iPod Touch G1, and my wife is getting a iPod Nano G5 for Christmas [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]. I am therefore looking at options so either can be used depending on who's music we are playing (mostly the Nano then!).

I am looking at either FM transmission, or built-in cabling though the AUX button. I have read lots of good and bad about FM transmission working/not-working, and the choice is a bit overwheming. I'm also not clear or sure about the cabling options, and iPod compatibilty.

Can anyone offer any advice or recommendations
<!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:#0400;
mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

<!--> on the way to go?

Thanks,
Steve
C-Max Newbie

Edited by: wisdom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-12-2009, 03:15 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If you look in the glove compartment there's a push out for the hole (it is on my 06 version)

06 C-Max 2.0 TDCi Zetec in Royal Blue.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-13-2009, 04:26 PM

there are great many posts on here regarding the alternatives of connecting IPods and the process for finding the cable behind the dash or an alternative

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else

post #4 of 11 Old 12-13-2009, 05:19 PM

But as i have said before the site needs to organise subjects better as finding the topic you want can be tricky as posters call the same subject different titles and therefore some good information or tips go unread as you cant always find all the posts on a particular subject.
possible sub headings.

Engines: petrol
Engines :diesel
Transmition
Steering, tyres and wheels
Electrical
interior trim
exterior trim
modifications

........perhaps

2.0 TDCi Ghia 06 in Panther black.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-13-2009, 05:29 PM

there's a nice little job for the mods then
perhaps also add
Brakes
Suspension
Items covered by MOT pass / fail

Richard
post #6 of 11 Old 12-13-2009, 07:19 PM

How about a new forum whilst we're at - I can't sand this one! Not only do you have topay for it but it messes up all the fonts and putting smilies in is a real chore. It's also significantly lacking in features compared to other owners clubs.

08 1.8 Titanium C-Max *ST Styled* With Car PC Fitted
Previous:54 1.6TDCi LX Focus C-Max
post #7 of 11 Old 12-13-2009, 07:56 PM

C'mon guys dont be so touchy

I'm a newbie too, but a vetran of forums. a general forum for most asked questions would save a lot of hassle for us newcommers to the C-Max.
Maybe even some of the old timers can give some of us newbies a helping hand and direct to a link !!!!!

just my humble opinion to make this place a bit more friendlier

06 C-Max 2.0 TDCi Zetec in Royal Blue.
post #8 of 11 Old 12-13-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gepard
Not only do you have topay for it but it messes up all the fonts and putting smilies in is a real chore.

Pardon me but who's paying or getting problems with fonts?

Richard
post #9 of 11 Old 12-13-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozzy
C'mon guys dont be so touchy [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

I'm a newbie too, but a vetran of forums. a general forum for most
asked questions would save a lot of hassle for us newcommers to the
C-Max.
Maybe even some of the old timers can give some of us newbies a helping hand and direct to a link !!!!!

just my humble opinion to make this place a bit more friendlier [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
I'm doing one on my own website from my own experiences that also walks through other common issues with the car as well as the mods I've done to mine. I'm also writing articles such about things which normally cause confusion such as the keys/transponders/alarms and the Aux-in. It'll hopefully be live just after Christmas. If a question pops up that I have already dealt with I'll copy and paste it across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gepard
Not only do you have topay for it but it messes up all the fonts and putting smilies in is a real chore.

Pardon me but who's paying or getting problems with fonts?
I'm not moaning about it being free...what I'm saying is that since Dan's paying there are other alternatives out there that would save him money and be beneficial to the club as a whole.

Problems with the fonts is posts like these:http://www.cmaxownersclub.co.uk/foru...ocuments#25189

It just doesn't seem to allow copy and pasting without the fonts and styles going awry. I know that I read one today where the font hadn't quite gone in smoothly so it made it harder to read.

I just think things like a members garage where people could list their cars, info and details would be interesting and give new members the opportunity to look through other mods you can do to the car.

I'd be happy to do it but the software here is too limited and hard to navigate. I think as well since C-Maxs tend to be very popular with older generations that weren't bought up around computers it's more important to have everything easy to use - that's certainly the ethos behind my site in terms of both content and navigation.

08 1.8 Titanium C-Max *ST Styled* With Car PC Fitted
Previous:54 1.6TDCi LX Focus C-Max
post #10 of 11 Old 12-14-2009, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Sorry I didn't want to start a war against asking questions that have already been answered, and on forum software!

Before I posted I did go though all 15 pages of posts in the section looking for any related to ipod connection and didn't find any, hence why I then posted.

I hadn't seen the sections further down the page in the forum, I had thought there was only the "General Message Area", and not the ones relating to the different models.

Sorry again.

Steve.

Edited by: wisdom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page