Information display. - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 04-26-2011, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />
I am a new owner of a CMax, I have a questions, When I reset the MPH, the numbers go up and down for a second or two then settles down, but next to the petrol pump symbol there is what looks like a no entry sign, I can't find out what that indicates.

Can anyone help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-02-2011, 03:10 PM

Hi Alan52,
I have just been checking the recent posts and remembered your query about the information display. Sadly, no one has sent you a reply. I wonder if, like me, they are bewildered by the question.
On my car there is an arrow next to the fuel (mine's a diesel) pump symbol, the arrow points to the filler point side of the vehicle.
There are some displays such as MPG and average MPH that have a [/] symbol, this indicates that you have to take a specific action with the reset button or select it via the menu to alter them. Like MP3 players, mobile phones, etc., it is best to play with the controls, with the ignition on, and see what happens. Much easier than trying to figure it out from the manual.
I hope that this answers your question and explains why you did not get an immediate reply.
Happy motoring,
Rolo.

2009(10reg)1.8TDCi115Titanium
post #3 of 11 Old 05-03-2011, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply Rolo

I have a diesel 1800 Titanium. I have reset All Trips and all read 00 now but the Avg Fuel still has the / next to the pump!

Will I have to beon the movebefore the (/) will go!

I can reset the Avg Fuel by pressing reset and by going into setup, I have now done both, I hope when I go out next the (/) will go.

Thanks again for the info, as you suggest the manual doesn't show or help with everything.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><O:P></O:P>Edited by: Alan52

post #4 of 11 Old 05-05-2011, 07:19 PM

I don't think that the [/] sign will go out, mine doesn't. I think that it indicates that you have to take a positive action via the menu selection to alter the setting.
I normal drive with the information display showing miles remaining. The average mpg appears to be very inaccurate. The best way is to check from full tank to full tank. On a recent holiday we covered 1,100 miles, and averaged 51.4mpg.
We toured part of north Wales and the Lake District. This was with three adults over a variety of roads with only short stretches of motorway and carrying our luggage for a lot of the time. The mpg should improve once the engine is fully run-in.

post #5 of 11 Old 05-07-2011, 06:37 PM

The circle with the slash/stroke through it indicates "average", so when showing against your mpg readout it is indicating the average mpg since you last reset it.
It never goes out!
For the full answer seehttp://www.symbols.com/encyclopedia/47/474.html

NickS

2008 model 1.8 petrol C-Max Zetec in Avalon Blue - arrived 14 May 2011. Also own and drive: 2005 Mercedes Benz SLK350 and wife\'s Fiat Panda 1.2 skydome.
post #6 of 11 Old 05-09-2011, 02:58 PM

Many thanks for the explanation, no wonder the sign remains on.
The link to the Website was a nice thought. It is the first time I have come across this symbol. Isn't education and the Internet wonderful?
What a pity that Ford doesn't take the trouble to explain their cars, more fully. There are still several things that I have no idea what they mean – or their function, despite reading the manuals. Not to mention the many things that the manuals do describe but do not appear to be fitted to my car.[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

post #7 of 11 Old 05-19-2011, 07:16 PM

This is true, took me about 2 hours to figure out the good old clock adjust on my 6000cd radio of which it appears there's about 3 different versions of. Why call them all the 6000 when they're all slightly different and how can you not show proper instructions in the owners manual??!!
post #8 of 11 Old 05-20-2011, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitafox
This is true, took me about 2 hours to figure out the good old clock adjust on my 6000cd radio of which it appears there's about 3 different versions of. Why call them all the 6000 when they're all slightly different and how can you not show proper instructions in the owners manual??!!
Have you got the separate Audio system owner's handbook? PM me if you want a pdf copy.
It says, on page 10 of my copy:-

5000C and 6000CD with centrally located
on/off and volume control

Changing the date and time

• Press
the CLOCK button to display the date and time.

Note: If you do not press another button
within 30 seconds of pressing the CLOCK button, the display will return to its
previous setting.

• Use
the SEEK buttons to select the date or time value that you wish to change. The
selected value will flash in the display.

• Turn
the volume control to change the selected date or time value.

• Use
the SEEK buttons to select additional date or time values that you wish to
change.

• Turn
the volume control to change the selected date or time value.

• Press
the CLOCK button to exit and save the new date and time.

Note: If you do not press the CLOCK button
within 30 seconds of changing a date or time value, the display will exit and
save the new values automatically.

Tip: Press
and hold the CLOCK button for more than two seconds to automatically select the
hour value for winter or summer time adjustment.
I hope that helps - better late than never. You can alter mine from the stalk and dash display too.

NickS

2008 model 1.8 petrol C-Max Zetec in Avalon Blue - arrived 14 May 2011. Also own and drive: 2005 Mercedes Benz SLK350 and wife\'s Fiat Panda 1.2 skydome.
post #9 of 11 Old 05-20-2011, 07:39 PM

Yeah I've got a seperate audio manual, but my stereo ain't got a clock button! It's got cd, cddj, phone, fm/am, bass/treb, balance/fade, ta and pty. Pain in the arse it was!
post #10 of 11 Old 05-21-2011, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitafox

Yeah I've got a seperate audio manual, but my stereo ain't got a clock button! It's got cd, cddj, phone, fm/am, bass/treb, balance/fade, ta and pty. Pain in the arse it was!
Looking at the manual again it shows a 6000CD like mine, but with a CDDJ button. I wouldn't even know what that does! Mine has the CLOCK button as described in the instructions. How confusing.

NickS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page