How to get Ipod to work - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-20-2009, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

Hi, I have just got my new titanium cmax today and wondered how you listen to the music via the ipod? i have a stereo connector that connects ipod to the stereo (plug under armrest)...but not sure if this is the way, or if that actually works! they did tell me i just need to plug in my ipod and it would come up through the stereo....any help appreciated, thanks
der40
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-20-2009, 01:24 AM

Have you got an aux button on the stereo,if so give it a push then try your ipod.

post #3 of 8 Old 05-20-2009, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Awww, thank you so much, I did try that initially, but have to press it twice to work......thank you! do you know if it charges it whilst plugged in.......maybe a stupid question!!

post #4 of 8 Old 05-21-2009, 02:21 AM

It just connects to the headphone socket doesn't it? In which case it won't charge the iPod. It can only charge through a connection to the dock connector on the bottom.

I've just added an iPod connection to my older C-Max by following the advice in other threads here. I now like the car twice as much [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

post #5 of 8 Old 06-09-2009, 12:33 PM

.Edited by: stevesroom
post #6 of 8 Old 06-09-2009, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

HI,
yes i now have it charging, but how do you actually work the ipod through the stereo...i can only put the volume up and down and not move it to other songs, I have to do this through the ipod...is there a way to forward the songs through the sony stereo?
thanks,
post #7 of 8 Old 06-09-2009, 08:00 PM

Have you tried all the other controls on the stalk on the steering column
I haven't got IPod (got the CDDJ button - long story) but these seem to do a lot of other things for different functions of the radio

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #8 of 8 Old 06-10-2009, 12:06 AM

I use anipod in my car.
First of all you go to your car stereo and find an empty frequency, usually to be found nearer the bottom of the FM range.
You then plug the ipod in, there should be a little digital screen that comes with the kit. Choose the samefrequency on your digital screen that came with your ipod kit as is on your stereo.

Press play and you should hereyour music
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page