Help on identifying this C-Max - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 07-19-2011, 04:12 AM Thread Starter

While I was looking for somewhat newer family car (I currently drive 2000 Nissan Primera) I received very interesting offer from local used car store - a 2008 1.8 tdci Ford C-Max. The car is being imported from France and will be in my place on next Monday, but until then... I would like to identify trim and if this is face-lifted model?

If anybody can help me with this using photos I have available:

Many thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-19-2011, 05:03 AM

Odd, has Sony Stereo, Cruise, manual rear windows, lack of centre arm rest, Zetec/style seat trim, no alloys, Side repeaters in wings, different dash storage compartment, no blue glass.Cannot say what model as European spec cars differ to greater spec'd British ones.This is a Mk2 ( facelifted ), I would hazard a guess that it was a Zetec/Style with one or two optional extras fitted.

2010 Titanium 2.0 TDCI Panther Black.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-19-2011, 09:45 AM

Hi there & welcomeSee you are in Montenegro - we visited Kotor in May - lovely place!Sorry if this is a bit OT!

2010 60reg C-Max Titanium X 1.6TDCi Panther Black, Convenience Pack (Ours) + 2009 Mitsi L200 Warrior 4 cab (Mine)

post #4 of 9 Old 07-19-2011, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

@kevmond So, do you advise this car?

@Lackoffocus Thanks! Indeed it is. Too bad you did not visited more of it as there are many breath-taking sights!

post #5 of 9 Old 07-19-2011, 12:38 PM

Hi!1) So you know. the "Trims" and everything else is different in each Europeans countries.Meaning a "Ford Cmax Trend" will be different in the UK or in France or in Germany.

2) What really matters if the car has the accessories you want rather than looking for a particular trim. For example you might say "I only want a Cmax Ghia" because it has X and Y. But at the end the only difference is the seat cover, and 1 or two accessories. It's also very possible that the owner of the "less equipped trim" has bought additional things and you would get much more.
3) it's 2008 car so it should be "post lift". The liftoccurredin 2007. Check and verify with the VIN number.
4) In that particular pictured car it looks like it has the "fog xeon lights" (front, lower).But the ugly seats (in my own tastes[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]) makes me think of a "Style" or a "Ghia" or "Trend". it's definitely not a French "Titanium".
5)I'm surprising you have a good deal because I looked in all Europeans market and UK was quite cheaper than France the most expensive market!
post #6 of 9 Old 07-20-2011, 03:21 AM Thread Starter

Please forgive my ignorance, but does this stereo have support for MP3 and iPod? Thanks!
post #7 of 9 Old 07-20-2011, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogar
@Lackoffocus Thanks! Indeed it is. Too bad you did not visited more of it as there are many breath-taking sights!
We're coming back next May & hope to see more of your country - but we're only in port for one day unfortunately.Good luck with the C-Max!

2010 60reg C-Max Titanium X 1.6TDCi Panther Black, Convenience Pack (Ours) + 2009 Mitsi L200 Warrior 4 cab (Mine)
post #8 of 9 Old 07-20-2011, 05:58 AM

Mp3 and IPod...erm!That's why you would buy the car?
I'm sure there's plenty of accessories to get that for cheap.

I think it's this one:

Only CD apparently.I remember having seen a "USB" port in a MK2 CMAX.
Otherwise there's an accessory to have that, a kind of "middle arm rest thing"-I heard there should be a MP3 plug in glove box or "main console".
Another version:

By the way you haven't replied to my previous comments.

And you never questionned the mechanics, or posted the price / Mileage in KM...That would certainly help us to say if it's worthy or not....
because you know, you're not buying a car based on the MP3 connectivity....
[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]
post #9 of 9 Old 07-20-2011, 07:56 AM

That thing is in the "arm rest".As per your pictures you don't even have an "armrest".I know it's on some Ford Cmax Titanium... And that "USB" thing is optional.
Anyway it's probably rubbish and overprice. You'd better get a adaptor " Cigaret lighter to Ipod"
http://www.amazon.com/Cigarette-Lighter-Adapter-Players-Charger/dp/B000CC6I5W

3.42 dollars!!!!!<h1 ="parseasinTitle" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 1.7em; font-weight: normal; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px; ">2 Port USB Car Cigarette Lighter Adapter Dual Plug for iPod MP3 Players Charger...</h1>

You see don't get stuck with a specific trim, you can get what you need for much better and much cheaper!(GPS, Multimedia sockets, etc...)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page