C-Max Owners Club banner

Heating only working intermittently

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  mrobbo 
#1 ·
Hi all :)I have a C-Max 2.0 Diesel (04 plate).Just back from a 25 mile drive. Heating worked fine for the first 23 miles, then blew cold for the remainder of the journey. Just been back out in the car - the heating blew hot, then cold, then hot, then cold again, all within a 2 mile journey. Any ideas what the cause is? Is it the thermostat?Also, if you have any idea what the cause is, if you could let me know the potential cost of repair would be, that would be awesome.Thanks.

#4 ·
It used to be the case to get the engine warm without the radiatore pressure cap (expansion tank now) and then start squeezing all the hoses to get significant water movement

When heater matrix were easy to get out you could also try getting them to the lowest point so that the air rose of it's own accord

As an also check item and based on the "obvious first principle"
I presume the expansion pressure cap is OK and that the coolant circuit is full of water

#5 ·
Hi Richard, well first thing's first, I've just been out to check the coolant levels. Two things - the &*(*&^ cap seems to have broke when removing it! The 'outer' cap turned nicely, but the inner part is still in the reservoir. Also, the inside of the reservoir looks rusty, and I can't see any water movement. Has it run dry? What is the rust? Bit worrying!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.