Ford C-Max Forum

Ford C-Max Forum (https://www.cmaxownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Main Message Centre (https://www.cmaxownersclub.com/forum/main-message-centre-30/)
-   -   Headlight adjustment for driving abroad (https://www.cmaxownersclub.com/forum/main-message-centre-30/headlight-adjustment-driving-abroad-7174/)

Wayne 05-26-2010 11:31 PM

Hi,
I had some really useful help the last time I posted here so I thought I would come to you guys with my latest problem.I am taking my Ford C Max 2007 home to the UK from sweden in a few weeks, for a visit to the folks, now I need to change the headlights after I get to Calais so they are right for driving back in the UK. Given the size of the light clusters, I am, maybe wrongly, assuming that I can't just put stickers on them, can anyone tell me if there is a switch or lever that I can use to adjust them, or do I have to have this set, probably at a ridiculous cost, by a garage?My other question is with regard to the speedo, all the Fords I had in the UK had both miles per hour and KMH on the clock, however my C Max only has KMH, is there an overlay available or should I add a crude sticker system to the speedo that can be removed?
All help and advice, will, as before, be gratefully received![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Many thanks in advance.

Richard G 05-27-2010 01:30 AM

It is actually the first option of the opaque sticker on the plastic lens except if you have the HID lamps in which case there is a manual adjuster

As to the speedo I think that perhaps there is only the option of DIY conversion marks

Wayne 05-27-2010 01:41 AM

Thanks Richard, I kind of guessed that would be the deal with the speedo.
How do I know if I have the HID lamps and where would I locate the switch for the lights if I have one?My C Max is 2007, 1.8 flexifuel model.
Thanks.[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Chris 05-27-2010 02:00 AM

If you pit the instruments in test mode, the lcd display will show speed in MPH or KPH which-ever you choose by scrolling through. Easy enough to do, hold reset button in when switching ignition on until the lcd panel displays "test". Once displayed release and keep pressing to select the different functions available. 1st two are gauge sweep and LED test.

Wayne 05-27-2010 02:11 AM

Ok, so that will show the speed in MPH in the little red led display below the speedo then, is that right?

Chris 05-27-2010 02:28 AM

Yes that is correct, youcan select either MPH or KPH. In all there must be over twenty different things that you can select, you just scroll through to get the one you want....

Wayne 05-27-2010 02:37 AM

I have seen that on the menu scroll but thought that just showed distance in MPH as opposed to actually showing you traveling speed. I shall take a look and have a play with it.Thank you.

Chris 05-27-2010 02:38 AM

No worries mate, your welcome.............

Wayne 05-27-2010 03:40 AM

Now, anyone care to shed a little light (no pun intended) on my lights issue?[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
It would be great if I could just shift a little lever, or flick a switch.
It is great that there is a site like this where people can share some knowledge, thank you for all the replies so far.[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Richard G 05-29-2010 08:17 PM

The HID are the very bright ones
If you just have the "ordinary" then you are with the sticky (Not too much) plastic