GOODBYE CMAX - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 02-06-2012, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

[img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]
After two years with my CMax Titanium she is going to a new home shortly.
The two years of ownership have been very rewarding with only the normal service routines costing money,she has not let me down and has been a joy to drive.

Have bought a C4 Grand Picasso diesel with the EGS box much better deal than on a new Cmax.
Would have loved to have purchased the New Cmax but budget would not stretch to it.

Good luck to all you Cmax owners out there enjoy your cars. Bye for now.

Ford C Max 2008 1.8ltr Titanium
with 17\" alloys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-06-2012, 07:22 PM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the Citroen. In my opinion it's a nicer car than the Ford and I would have had one in a flash if I could have got a used 2.0 HDi with a manual 'box. I'm not keen on auto's. I live in a place with not much traffic so it's not a great advantage. Myself and my son have had 6 Citroens between us, all 2.0 HDis except for his first one which was a 1.4 Petrol ZX. I paid 250 for it as a non runner with 97K up, fixed it up, got him through his test and we kept it for 5 years. Sold it (With tax and MOT this time) with 130K up for 500! Result! They're cheap to run and cheap to buy bits for. Can anyone tell me why a set of Discs and pads for the CMax is twice as much as they were for my Picasso when they're all but identical?? If your New steed is as reliable as my Xsara picasso was you'll be OK! Enjoy!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #3 of 5 Old 02-06-2012, 08:33 PM

I'm sure you'll enjoy the GP, I have just traded my 3 year old 2.0ltr egs exclusive model for the new g-cmax. The Citroen is much better on fuel, the seats are far superior, on the downside the ford powershift box is much better, and the handling is much sharper.

Grand C-Max titanium 2.0 Duratorq PowerShift.

post #4 of 5 Old 02-06-2012, 09:34 PM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
I find it odd that the Citroens should be better on fuel than the Ford, especially when they're using a Citroen engine! Can someone pray explain! I am certainly not getting the MPGs I have been used to from Citroen. It's the reason I bought the CMax. 2.0 HDi (TDCi) engine and Manual 6 speed cog box that Citroen didn't put in the C4 Pic until just recently. I am driving with Fairy twinkletoes as well, not giving it beans like I used to in my Picasso (With TDi tuning box) and still getting 3 MPG less!!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #5 of 5 Old 02-09-2012, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Will check my consumption figure for the GP Picasso over the next month or so. Agree with the statements regarding the jerky EGS cog box much smoother when using the paddles though, but as I do not do of great mileage EGS suits me fine much more relaxing.

Ford C Max 2008 1.8ltr Titanium
with 17\" alloys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page