Ford Protect Warranty - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-09-2011, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Hi all

I'm picking up a used 08 1.8 petrol zetec from my local Ford dealer on Friday. It's got 19k on the clock and is in excellent condition.

The dealer has offered me (as I'm sure they do everyone) the Ford Protect warranty (on top of the 3 month warranty they offer as standard).

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences (good or bad) of this warranty? It is fairly pricey (599 for 2 years; 799 for 3), but does include AA breakdown cover (with home start, etc) and MOT insurance (for at least one test - need to work out if it covers more).

Which describes it as fair value for a Focus (although that was last year when it gost 699 for 3 years).

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-20-2011, 03:09 AM

Ben, I've used Warranty Direct and been pleased with them. They are not the usual cowboys, nor do they only cover things that never fail, like crankshafts and gearbox casings!
They quoted me 300 for a years 'extra cover' on my C-Max, and you can defer it by 3 months until the Ford guarantee runs out. WD cover wear and tear too, after 90 days, which many do not. You can adjust the premium by choosing main dealers or independents. It was a bit less because I have my SLK covered by them too.
Tryhttp://www.warrantydirect.co.uk/
I have no connection other than a satisfied user. That said, if you don't already have breakdown cover, then the Ford one looks fair value.

NickS

2008 model 1.8 petrol C-Max Zetec in Avalon Blue - arrived 14 May 2011. Also own and drive: 2005 Mercedes Benz SLK350 and wife\'s Fiat Panda 1.2 skydome.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-26-2011, 04:47 PM

Hi Do you think the WD is a good deal, as i am thinking of taking one out on my C Max this week

post #4 of 5 Old 09-26-2011, 07:57 PM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
I've also used Warranty Direct in the past and found them excellent, to the point that if ANYTHING went wrong I used to phone to ask if it was covered. You'd be surprised at what actually is! In the 3 years I had it on one car I hardly had to pay for anything except routine servicing and reckon I just about "broke even" every year! They also cover you for recovery if you're not with the AA or RAC or whatever. Also up to a weeks car hire if your car can't be fixed right away and a nights hotel accommodation if you're stranded by a breakdown. All in all an excellent product which is tailored to individual requirements, Namely, the more you are willing to pay, the better the level of cover offered. It does become more expensive and cover less as the car ages but in a very fair way. You go from say 100% parts and labour on a 3 to 4 year old car to a lesser amount as the car ages. There is also an outfit called Cambelt cover, see http://www.cambeltcover.co.uk/ which will cover up to 2000 of repairs caused by a broken cambelt for 29.95. Both products require the car to be serviced in line with manufacturers requirements by a VAT registered garage.

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #5 of 5 Old 09-27-2011, 12:44 PM

I have cover on my current car an Astra(thank goodness) and right from the first year I have more than broken even in fact I am awaiting a claim of 700+ for a new starter motor (on a 5 year old car with 45k on the clock) This car would have cost me around 7k over the time I have had it (hence the cmax on order!). I have only had the cover for a couple of years but it has been good and I certainly will take it again once the cmax (if it comes!) is out of warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page