Ford active parking - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Ford active parking

Got this coming on a Grand, any one used it? Is it any good?

12 plate 1.6 Titanium Grand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-16-2012, 10:59 PM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
Is it just me? Or why do we bother teaching people how to do "Hill starts" and "Parallel Parking" as part of the driving test, and then expect the motor manufacturers to perfect systems that do all those essential things for us. There is now a HUGE list of vehicles that the DVLA will not accept as a "Test" vehicle because of Electronic parking brakes and other "aids". My personal opinion is that they should all be banned out of hand. The standard of driving is bad enough without encouraging more lazy habits.
What would you do if this technological marvel failed? get someone else to park your car because you've forgotten how??
That much being said, it probably works OK, But I wouldn't trust it! I mean, what are you going to say when it packs in and you crash into 100+ ks worth of Brand new Merc? The oft uttered cry of the child springs to mind! "It's no ma fault! It wisnae me! A big boy did it an ran away!!" Doesn't cut the mustard somehow!
Best of luck with your pet "Parking Dalek"

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #3 of 3 Old 04-17-2012, 08:49 PM

Yes I have the Active Parking Assist and value it greatly. I can drive my car without technological aids, and have done for around 20 years without incident. I appreciate the Park Assist mostly when I am in unfamiliar surroundings. I work in sales, and often visit towns and cities I am unfamiliar with. Typically, always under pressure to get to a meeting at a certain time, looking around for street signs and venues, it really takes the pressure off trying to identify a parking spot big enough to park in, (and when there is a queue of cars behind you )and it most certainly enables me to park in spots I never thought possible !

I read up on a lot of reviews whilst hunting for my "ideal" CMAX and most seemed positive but dotted with negatives too. I've been using it since I had the car - 6 months and its only fault (extremely rare) is that I go past a parking place that the sensors don't pick up. Ironically, the few times this has happened, the space has been huge so no issues "going manual"

I have parked in some of the smallest spots I've seen, and the only worry is, I end up leaving others behind or in front with some serious steering wheel action to get out of their space !

As for being taught parallel parking, well I passed my test, but that was in a 1989 Nissan Micra, a far cry from my 1.5 ton CMAX 7 seater !

I don't see why any "gadget" that makes life easier should be banned, at least not for the sake of some old fashioned pride

As for crashing in to 100k's worth of Merc, I don't think that's any worse than "crashing" (I'd imagine more of a bumping action) in to a 10k car> Besides which, if I was rich enough to own a car worth 100k I'd like to think I didn't need to park it at the side of a road ,I'd have a chauffeur to drop me off where I needed to go !

Hope that's of some assistance

Grand CMAX TITANIUM 2011 1.6 Diesel
Every pack available at the time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page