Ford 6006 vs Sony 6CD - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-13-2010, 03:21 AM Thread Starter

I bought a cmax with a 6000 cd. It works fine. I bought a Sony 6CD hu to replace it, fitted it, it skips and is going back. So back on flea bay, either 6006 or Sony 6cd head unit.

I found the Sony 6cd impossible to read during daylight hours, but good looking, I haven't used a 6006. But the 6000 on which it's based isn't bad. Sound is less rich than Sony, but I'm assuming the 6006 will be better?

What are the pros and cons of each unit? Or is there a better system which kooks as factory as possible?

Cheers

Andy

2005 Focus C-Max 1.8 Petrol Ghia + Sony 6 disc, 2007 tail lights, Led bulbs all over and HID front fogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-18-2010, 03:14 AM

A 6006 is the really old style radio fitted in the Focus that are two models back from the current shape.
You sure you meant that one?!

08 1.8 Titanium C-Max *ST Styled* With Car PC Fitted
Previous:54 1.6TDCi LX Focus C-Max
post #3 of 4 Old 10-19-2010, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

I meant the 6006 ford stereo as listed here on Flea bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Sony-6006CDC-6CD-Changer-Head-Unit-RRP-457-/260677944795?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM& hash=item3cb19dc5db

I fancied one of them because noone would bother stealing it!

I've just bought myself one of these Sony 6CD ones though.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-SONY-6-CD-PLAYER-CODE-MONDEO-2005-CD132-CD6-/170552280062?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Ent ertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item27 b5b543fe

but in square C-Max fit. I bought one from a repairer, but it was DOA. To be honest, I prefer the look of the old fashioned ones as you can't see the display on the Sony models in anything aside from near total darkness. I reckon the display is easier to read in a mondeo where the stereo is lower and doesn't tilt towards the windows!Edited by: Andymac

2005 Focus C-Max 1.8 Petrol Ghia + Sony 6 disc, 2007 tail lights, Led bulbs all over and HID front fogs.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-31-2010, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

I have now got another Sony 6cd changer head unit. The main differences between the two are sound quality and features. I had a chance to play with a 6006e in a focus next to the Sony 6 disc in my car. The 6006 is a cd changer modelled on the same architecture as the 6000cf single unit, only difference is the additional button to load multiple discs.

The Sony adds fade and balance control, digital sound processor for modifying the sound of your music, much improved radio follow when you move from one transmitter to another, smoother gala sound volume adjustment and easier menu system. I also think that the Sony does offer better quality sound next to 6000cd.

The downside if Sony? The disc player is more picky about CDs it plays. I have several that are quite worn and tired from living in cars for years without the best protection. The ford unit plays them fine, the Sony skips over bits it can't play, it kind of self fast forwards.

Other than that, if you have a chance, pick up a Sony. Good quality and any square one will fit any cmax. Straight swap, takes minutes!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page