engine ecu / pcm - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-27-2009, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

Hi all

I have a cmax 2.0 tdci which has been through some low flood water and knocked out the engine ecu(located under the air filter box in front of the n/s front wheel)A silly and too lower place for it to be fitted,the ecu is also fitted inside the air intake pipe,so it doesn't stand a chance if the engine tries to suck up water.The only good thing is that if you do go through flood water at least the ecu dies before you get water in the engine and bending your con rods.

anyone know a good place to find a new ecu?model number 3m51-12a650-nc

I have read that earlier cmax's can suffer with dodgey engine ecu's causing rough running and smoke(like a misfire/timing problem)and that is what is happening to mine

any help much appreciated

garyg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-27-2009, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Hi again

I have just found out from fords that there is a superseded ECU number;3u71-12a650-xa

garyg

garyg
post #3 of 5 Old 03-27-2009, 07:20 PM

Try
www.partsgateway.co.uk
They will get you 2 or 3 quotes.They are used parts but very good.I have used them for a couple of things,one being a rear parcel shelf which when I got it I found it was brand new still in the box & it was only 45 inc vat & del.
Best of luck
MM
I agree it`s a stupid place for the ecu to be housed.They could have at least waterproofed the area properly.

post #4 of 5 Old 03-28-2009, 01:16 AM

I don't wish to pour very cold water on the subject on s/H ECU but don't I remember this subject has come up previously and that the chip is only PROM rather than EPROM so can only be programmed to it'd original vehicle and notto any other.

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #5 of 5 Old 03-28-2009, 05:10 AM

No you are quite right to mention this,it`s logical for this to be done as it was done at a company I used to work for.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page