Eibach spring kits supply and fit - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-16-2010, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

I recently surfed onto a ford dealer website which had an advert for supply and fit if the Eibach Pro kit for 249. I'll be jiggered if I can find it now. I think it was one of the links that pops up here.

Anyone seen it, or got any ideas?

2005 Focus C-Max 1.8 Petrol Ghia + Sony 6 disc, 2007 tail lights, Led bulbs all over and HID front fogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-17-2010, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Found it! It's archers of ashby. Fully fitted eibach suspension kit 249. Shame they're so far away from me!

2005 Focus C-Max 1.8 Petrol Ghia + Sony 6 disc, 2007 tail lights, Led bulbs all over and HID front fogs.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-17-2010, 08:48 PM

Thats not a bad price

post #4 of 8 Old 11-17-2010, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

I fancied it, as my local dealer would supply at 150 ish, then "as much labour as it took, maybe a couple of hundred pounds." I don't fancy the uncertainty!

My cars going to local dealer for a service at the beginning of December, hopefully, a discounted, and agreed flat fee maybe forthcoming when in combo with other work?! We'll see. Its almost worth the drive.

Heres the link

http://www.archersofashby.co.uk/Eibach/eibach_price.htm

post #5 of 8 Old 12-07-2010, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

My local dealer TCHarrison now had the same supply and fitted price on there site. Must be a dealer promotion. Now seriously tempted. Emailed for details this morning, waiting on reply. All excited!

post #6 of 8 Old 04-28-2011, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

This offer has now ended, the springs are now 150 supplied, no fixed price install is available from Ford any more.

post #7 of 8 Old 04-28-2011, 02:16 PM

Don't talk to me about Ford ! [img]smileys/smiley35.gif[/img]Bought the spring kit from there two weeks ago and booked it in for fitting tues 26th april. The Rapid fit centre where I booked it said at would probably take a couple of hours. Anyway, i get down there on the day and they direct me to the 'service dept' who don't seem to know anything about the car coming in. This is 8.30am and I tell them I'd like it back by 2pm for work when they ask. At 11am the guy rings me....'your car has just gone into the service bay, the technician has asked me to advise you that its four hours labour and will cost 384!' [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]Anyway, I'm not being taken for a mug and promptly picked the car up and spoke to a friend who worksin parts. He was astounded and reckoned they didn't want to do the job by the sounds of it as they were busy! Anyway took it to ProTyre who I have used for years and years. Two hours labour, 120 plus VAT and tracking.... can't say fairer than that! ...Also get a free re-track in two weeks once the car has been driven around and 'settled in'.As for Ford, they've been recentley ringing me to sign up to there service plan for 13 a month Direct debit for servicing and MOT, which I'm awaiting paperwork for. NowI haveemailed them and told to get stuffed! - the car won't be going there for servicing, it'll go to a company that appreciates the business as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by: -Ben-

2008 C-Max 1.8 TDCI zetec
Panther Black

Oi Ford, £384 labour for fitting springs? your havin a laugh!!!!!
post #8 of 8 Old 04-29-2011, 03:24 AM

Hi Ben,your not the first to have had fraud "try it on".I was told I needed all sorts of things.I did,but not all at once & over 3 years.I did use one dealer when the egr valve went wrong & I made sure I got a decent quote first.Now for all work I use local independant guys who "want " the work & will bend over backwards to help,even told me I`d not done enough miles since last service so the car did not need an oil & filter change.That`s what I call good business[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img],you know you aren`t getting ripped off for something you don`t really need.
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page