Decision time - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-22-2011, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
QQQ

I've read, with dismay, all about the problems with the new model Cmaxs. I thought I'd ordered a good car. However I can't be playing Russian roulette with an unreliable car every day. Am I reading too much into these tales of woe or should I cancel the order? (what does the panel think,*g)

2011 cmax 1.6 ecoboost Titanium 5 Door. City pack. stop/start
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-22-2011, 09:05 AM

I think there is always something to be said for not having the first "FEW" of any significantly new model car whilst the breakability actions of the general public are ironed out, often only due to use in a way that "the experts" did not believe anyone would do

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 6 Old 08-22-2011, 12:48 PM

Hi QQQ. As you can see I have the car that you have ordered and have owned it since Janury. The only fault , if you can call it that , was the central locking issue which was sorted out with a software update.
The car drives very well ,is very comfortable,handles well and starts on the button every day. Nothing rattles or buzzes and it averages 38 mpg on mainly short journeys. It has covered 6000 miles so far. I would have no hesitation in recommending it but it is your decision whether you cancel or not.

You only hear the moans on here and probably most owners are probably very happy.

2011 C Max ecoboost Midnight Sky
with titanium x pack and city pack

post #4 of 6 Old 08-22-2011, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
QQQ

Thanks Ecomax, that post does help,*s. I do realise that people tend to post negatives rather than positives. I'm inclined to go ahead with the purchase because the car does all I want on paper. I was expecting a twin exhaust as it's mentioned on Ford's car configuration tool and in the brochure. Dealer says it doesn't exist and has offered two years servicing to assuage my dissapointment. I think that's fair.

post #5 of 6 Old 08-22-2011, 01:53 PM

I agree with Ecomax1 QQQ.

The problems that occurred at the beginning have passed. The only problem that the garage need to do for me was change the language of the voice control from German to French for me as it is not user selectable, not a problem in the UK and took 20 minutes as they updated my software at the same time as it was available online.
The car itself has been excellent and is still turning heads here as it is still a very rare breed. we are all quick to complain, but much slower at complimenting, so don't worry about something that has passed and be ready to enjoy a really well built car that is good to drive.[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]

Grand C-Max 2.0TDCI Titanium Colorado Red
Tinted windows - bi-xenon/washers - 17\" Wheels
Winter pack
Sony Gps SD Hands free - reversing camera - parking sensors - key free
post #6 of 6 Old 08-22-2011, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
QQQ

Thanks Gazza-CH. The last few posts have cured my jitters,lol. I've not been able to afford a flash car before . (gonna get giddy now[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img])

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page