Creaky doors/Interior panels? - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 09-18-2009, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

I bought my Titanium 1.8 several weeks ago..all great until a few days ago when i have noticed a really annoying creaking noise when driving slowly coming from the doors or interior panels area.
Anyone else had this problem?
Ideas to cure it?
Driving me nuts!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-19-2009, 09:22 PM

Which interior panels? Normally it's the dash....have a look though my recent posts and I advised someone else what to do for creaky dashs.

Door cards are very tricky to take out without breaking something.....

08 1.8 Titanium C-Max *ST Styled* With Car PC Fitted
Previous:54 1.6TDCi LX Focus C-Max
post #3 of 12 Old 09-22-2009, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Hi thanks for reply.
The creaking seems to be coming from the drivers door and offside rear passenger door.Only occurs at very slow speed when turning.I read a post(sorry not sure if it was yours)advising vaseline on the seals.Hasn't seemed to have helped.I even got my wife to drive up the lane where we live whilst i sat in the back furiously trying to find the cause! One thing that worked was driving with the back door ajar!...but that isn't really an option!!
Funny how something minor can drive you mad.
Silicone spray i think next......
Any more thoughts?
Cheers.

post #4 of 12 Old 11-12-2009, 04:08 AM

I know how you feel. I recently bought a 56 1.8 Ghia which had the same problem. I found a post on another forum which recommended a product called Einszett Gummi Pflege. I ordered some online and tried it and it has made a big difference to the creaking. I bought mine from a company called Shinearama Ltd and it arrived within a couple of days
post #5 of 12 Old 11-18-2009, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Hi
I have tried looking on Shinearama Ltd for the product you mentioned but cannot seem to find it.Can you confirm what it was called again?

Thanks
post #6 of 12 Old 11-18-2009, 10:31 PM

Uncanny. I posted a very similar question on the Ford Focus General Dicussion board today. I too have exactly the same creak.Purchased my 56 1.8 zetec just a week ago. Quiet as a mouse on the road, but take it around the side streets, and over road humps and somewhere around the rear doors is a creak.

I also thought it might be the door seals rubbing together, i.e. the one on the door rubbing agains the one on the door frame as the car flexes. Word of warning - don't use vaseline or any products like it. They all attack rubber, and will ruin your seals. I am going to try spraying my seals with Silicon spray - you can get it from Halfords. It looks and works like a lubricant, but doesn't harm the rubber.

I am a but peaved though. I had a 1994 Passat for 10 years, and it never creaked once. I would have thought that the body rigidity of the C1 Focus platform would be up there with the best, particularly as it's handling is well regarded. My car has only done 18k miles too! I dread to think what it would sound like if it reaches 130k miles like my old Passat!!!

The rear parcel shelf tends to clatter about over rough roads too. I think you notice it more because the car is quite hushed otherwise.
post #7 of 12 Old 11-18-2009, 11:22 PM

put
einszett gummi pflege into google as per
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...aq=1&oq=einsze

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #8 of 12 Old 11-18-2009, 11:22 PM

Get someone to sit in the rear and see if they can here it. If they can't I'll dig out the thing from Ford that tells you how to fix it. It's caused by a tiny bit on metal in the A or B pillar that comes loose.

08 1.8 Titanium C-Max *ST Styled* With Car PC Fitted
Previous:54 1.6TDCi LX Focus C-Max
post #9 of 12 Old 11-19-2009, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks found it.
post #10 of 12 Old 11-19-2009, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

I've had my wife sitting in the back trying to hear where the creaking is coming from but now after the fourth time of asking her i'm afraid she might hit me!!

The noise dosn't bother her..is it just me!?
If you could dig the info out from ford i would but most grateful.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page