C-Max Owners Club banner

Cracked Engin cover?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  maxoby 
#1 ·
I am coming to the end of my 3 month warranty, my cmax has been in the garage twice and each time i have not gone under the bonnet straight away but drove away happy in the knowlage job done: however the fist time I opened up the bonnet after the car had been in the first time I noticed a long crack on the black plastic engin cover, for some reason I made myself believe it must have been there before I just had not noticed it.
The second time I looked under the bonnet was today after the car having been in the garage just lat week, now there is a big gaping crack by the oil filler and it is ver noticable and I know for a fact it was not there before.
I have just come off the phone to the garage and the salesman tells me these things happen if there is a small crack initially and what with all the vibration of the engine it will crack just like a windscreen does.
So in less than 3 months I have gaone from a perfect engine cover to having 2 large cracks, how can this be.
Can anyone tell me if I have thee right to ask for a replacement cover or am I in for a load of nonsense from the salesman that says this will happen due to small cracks forming.
I am popping into the garage on the way home today Thursday 5th November so please, if anyone has any words of wisdom I can take with me that will be much appreciated...

Please excuse the spelling , I am at work and trying to get this on ASAP...

See less See more
#3 ·
I think they`ll fob you off & say it was cracked to start with especially as you didn`t mention it before.
I never had one on my engine,although I did put some extra sound proofing underthe bonnet between the metal & the factory fit sound deadening panel.
MM

#4 ·
MetalMicky08 said:
I think they`ll fob you off & say it was cracked to start with especially as you didn`t mention it before.
I never had one on my engine,although I did put some extra sound proofing underthe bonnet between the metal & the factory fit sound deadening panel.
MM
Thanks everyone for getting back.The result was that they are going to price a new cover and if it is too expensive they will look for a second hand one and fit it , failing that the owner said they have some special glue they use that will do the job as a last resort. The owner owns the car sales lot plus the garage , he actually was ok and believed me, he went on to mention how it probably happened. The connecting clips were proving difficult to lift the cover and it was forced causing the cracks. I am ok with that and from the day I bought the car this particular person has been great, the guy on the phone today was the dodgy sounding partner of the business, glad he was not in at the time...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.