Which CMax to buy now 2nd hand? - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-29-2011, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Hello!I'm new, browsing your forum.
I started to read reviews and messages for getting info on CMAX.
I'm thinking of getting one, ideally CMAX2 but I think it's not available 2nd hand, or too pricey.So it might have to the the Cmax1 or Mondeo (2007+).
Problem is I see the new CMAX2 consumes much less diesel, and pollute less, so it would be better...
[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

So how about Cmax 1, what year/models are "affordable" and clever to buy now? (Diesel. 2.0 prefered)Is that silly to buy a 2009 Cmax for example, knowing there's a better new model available?

Thanks,[img]smileys/smiley10.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-01-2011, 01:54 AM

Hello carcar, I brought a cmax mk1 1.6 and the fuel is amazing, i used to have a st170, also can get my toddler in the back fine and theirsloads of room. Why i went for a 1.6 was the tax and the insurance was lower and idon't need the speed now comfort is better. I paid 5 grand for it, it has full service history 1 owner and it wasfrom a dealer. Had a few problems but all sorted now. I am very happy with my cmax love it to bits.

Focus C-Max 2005 1.6 Zetec in Tonic Blue.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-01-2011, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!
Yes i'm collecting reviews from here and then-
That's true tax and insurance are lower for 1.6 with approx "110-115PS" instead of a 2.0 with "140"PS. But I read some reviews that its slow and difficult to overcome on the motorway with a 1.6...
Yes I think most people don't need the speed as we are limited everywhere anyway. it's more... "accelerating power" that's relevant- I guess- for example to have some "power" in case of avoiding accident or something-
I also found out in between that the price difference between "mondeo" and "Cmax" depends on countries. In UK it's nearly same prices. In Germany it seems that mondeo is 20-30% higher for same enginer power, same kilometers. (approx 1500-2000GBP more).
Also, CMAX is based on the frame of "focus" so in theory should be a bit cheaper, but still quality as per reviews.
Next, spare parts are cheaper for MONDEO because I heard it's much more mondeo cars on the market than CMAX.
Finally, fuel its still not clear- But someone said theoretical values are irrelevant because it depends on the driver.It would seems in theory that CMax consume "quite some diesel fuel" some people report 30milepergallon,some 40 mpg- They all claim they had previous cars and their driving style has not change, and they were having better mpg before...

Ok I thanks you again for your feedback, I will remember it[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

post #4 of 7 Old 04-01-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcar

Hello!I'm new, browsing your forum.
I started to read reviews and messages for getting info on CMAX.
I'm thinking of getting one, ideally CMAX2 but I think it's not available 2nd hand, or too pricey.So it might have to the the Cmax1 or Mondeo (2007+).
Problem is I see the new CMAX2 consumes much less diesel, and pollute less, so it would be better...
[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

So how about Cmax 1, what year/models are "affordable" and clever to buy now? (Diesel. 2.0 prefered)Is that silly to buy a 2009 Cmax for example, knowing there's a better new model available?

Thanks,[img]smileys/smiley10.gif[/img]
What ever cmax you buy>

Get a good warranty and be prepared with acontingency fund for repairs as when they go wrong they cost alot. Especially diesels.

(1.8 ZETEC)

To the average driver \'safe\' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver \'safe\' is not being vunerable to an accident.

www.advanced-driving.co.uk ------- www.roadar.org.uk
post #5 of 7 Old 04-02-2011, 03:22 AM

Hello carcar, The cmax is like a brick but i can increase my speed on the motorway when i want to no problem. If i wantedinstance power i would have kept my st170 but decided to have a family car instead. I can do some things in improvethe power like abluefin orramair and maybe low profile tyres but am happy as i am. You should take a test drive in a mk1 cmax to see for yourself. My model is a zetec sparce on the toys but i am happy.

Focus C-Max 2005 1.6 Zetec in Tonic Blue.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-03-2011, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Hi again!Thanks all for your comments.
I got an offer for 13 750 euros / 12 333 pounds for a Cmax 1, 2.0 engine, 96 500KMFinition titanium, 2008.
I looked price range it seems reasonable offer?

post #7 of 7 Old 05-03-2011, 11:15 PM

seems a bit pricey if that is the correct mileage!

jaddy1-57 1.8ffv zetec,moondust silver,sport pack(17 inch alloys,body colour spoiler,sports seats and sports suspension),panorama roof,privacy glass,cruise control,sony cd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page