Clutch smell on 08 model - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-16-2010, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

I have just taken our 08 1.8 diesel to have a accrid smell inside investigated and we have been told it is the clutch. which might need replacing??????? the car has only done 24,000 and is not driven around town much. I have been told that clutch in a cmax is the same as a focus and is not up for job. Still under warranty but 800 if wear and tear.

Has any one heard or had the same problem

Help

Dean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-16-2010, 02:49 AM

Hi, I have an early 2.0 diesel ghia. I have heard the clutch can be suspect but the only time I noticed a burning smell from it was while manouvering a caravan . So I'm carefull about that now. mine is 53 reg and clutch is original so 08 , that's unbelievable. Jim
post #3 of 7 Old 06-16-2010, 02:55 AM

Are you a new driver? Or had the vehicle from new?
The clutch isn't known for being the best but it's far from not being up to the job.
But yes, it's unheard of for a clutch to fail so early.

08 1.8 Titanium C-Max *ST Styled* With Car PC Fitted
Previous:54 1.6TDCi LX Focus C-Max

post #4 of 7 Old 06-16-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by planethead
I have just taken our 08 1.8 diesel to have a accrid smell inside investigated and we have been told it is the clutch. which might need replacing??????? the car has only done 24,000 and is not driven around town much. I have been told that clutch in a cmax is the same as a focus and is not up for job. Still under warranty but 800 if wear and tear.

Has any one heard or had the same problem

Help

Dean
now thats strange I have a 08 1.8 diesel just over a week ago on a very hot day I smelt a burning smell and thought it was from a car in front untill that car turned of and the smell stayed with me all the way home car was driving okay everything working fine and since then no more smell so was it the clutch due to it being a very hot day and the engine therefore running hotter

08 mk2 1800tdi zetec cmax and focus RS mk1 for a big boys toy
post #5 of 7 Old 06-16-2010, 12:52 PM

I suppose the $64,000 question is - were either of you holding the car on the clutch prior to the smelling incident.
If it is any consolation my better half tried to show me her hill parking skilss between 2 cars in Tetbury a few years ago with our 06 fiesta 1.4 tdci. The hill chosen was where they hold the woolsack racesand is about 1 in 4.
she managed to make the clutch actually smoke to the extent the car almost disappeared from view.
The car did another 30,000 miles before we traded it and the clutch was still ok.

57 Titanium 1.6 110 DPF, X Sport pack, panoramic roof,Sony 6 CD changer with voice control bluetooth.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-20-2010, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

thanks

going into battle with warranty people wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 7 Old 06-20-2010, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

car from new have been driving for over 30 years not known for wheel spins. going into battle with the warranty people wish me luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page