Clock/radio light - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 11-27-2009, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Req

Got my C-Max yesterday and absolutely love it but have a couple of questions.

Are the radio and clock lights supposed to stay on after I've left and locked the car? Seems a bit much. Also the windows seem to fog up while I'm not in the car easier than all the other cars in the car park (and I don't have the front screen heater).

How does everyone find the car on roundabouts and bends. Being on the outside lane going around a bend has never been my most confident part of driving. Of course the C-Max is higher than my last car so some of that is expected.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-27-2009, 11:18 PM

hi im havin similar problem but my light on the milage stays on started today any info would be helpful
post #3 of 11 Old 11-28-2009, 08:01 AM

The light is supposed to stay on.....no one knows why but it's perfectly normal and no cause for concern.

08 1.8 Titanium C-Max *ST Styled* With Car PC Fitted
Previous:54 1.6TDCi LX Focus C-Max

post #4 of 11 Old 11-28-2009, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Req

Ok, checked it early this morning and it was off. It just must take ages to go off.

Discovered the wiperblade speed. How awesome!

post #5 of 11 Old 12-01-2009, 03:23 PM

Yeah the radio and dash display stay on, but mine turns the radio backlight off when I lock the car and leaves the dash display on, find it goes out after about 5-10 minutes or mine does anyway.

Davy

Ford C-Max Zetec 1.6 TDCI - In Moondust Silver
post #6 of 11 Old 01-10-2010, 11:00 PM

Hmmm interesting one this. I have found that our's does this now and i know for sure that it wasn't doing it earlier today.

I went to swap the cars around on the drive and when re-locking the cmax it seemed the dash backlights for the tripometer, message centre and transmission etc is staying on.

I've gone round the whole car checking the doors are all fully shut, the windows are up, the 'EPB' is on and there are no alert messages but for some reason these lights and only these or staying on.

Its dark outside now so i can see from my bedroom window a nice healthy green glow from an otherwise pitch black driveway.

You say these do go out after a while? Ill keep my eye to this and see, if its still on by the morning or by then if the battery is dead it will be going back to our trusty garage (agaaaaaaaain).

post #7 of 11 Old 01-11-2010, 12:00 AM

Did it manage to go out ok?

I got to admit I'm not a fany of staying on but where I stay it's ok that nobody bothers to notice the car parked up, but I tend to park on main roads a few times during the week and don't like the fact it stays lit for about 10 minutes when I'm not there, but think this is a common Ford thing now as my dad's fiesta does the same thing.

Davy

Ford C-Max Zetec 1.6 TDCI - In Moondust Silver
post #8 of 11 Old 01-11-2010, 02:14 AM

Mine stays on for about 1min,then all lights go out.
It`s nothing to worry about as allC-Max do it.
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #9 of 11 Old 01-11-2010, 01:56 PM

Well you were right. It took a good 20 mins but eventually the lights went out. Double check it this morning to to make sure battery wasn't dead or anything and it was fine.
Strange that its never done it before (either that or we really didnt notice).
post #10 of 11 Old 01-11-2010, 02:19 PM

Does the same on mine as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page