CD6000 Radio Code Needed... - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-27-2012, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

CD6000 Radio Code Needed...

Hi, is there another way to retrieve the s/n asI have purchased the removal keys from Halords but am unable to get the headunit out of the dash, it just won't budge..

Thank you,

Jamie..

P.S. It's a 2008 C-Max
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-27-2012, 10:14 PM

With proof of ownership and the VIN / Reg No. The local Fraud parts dept ought to be able to help with the code as unless the unit has been changed they are (were) recorded at time of vehicle manufacture
(Dealer will probably want to charge you)

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 7 Old 03-27-2012, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Hi Richard, thank you for the reply, I will try my local dealer in the morning to see if they are kind enough to help.

Cheers,

Jamie.

post #4 of 7 Old 03-28-2012, 06:48 PM

Dealer will not charge if car originally bought from them,otherwise 25 (thats what our local fraud merchant tried till I pointed out the original dealer sticker on the rear glass.Not there now as I refuse to give free advertising to crooks like them).

MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #5 of 7 Old 03-28-2012, 09:52 PM

Ours came from the other one local to us both (Not Redicap) soI'll remember that if needed

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #6 of 7 Old 03-29-2012, 09:15 AM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
I don't see why any dealer, anywhere, in these days of rampant computerisation, should charge a car owner for accessing information about that car, especially if it's something as simple as a radio PIN. I recall an incident many years ago, which happened to a colleague of mine after he had bought a Fiesta RS Turbo from a dealer on the Mainland near Aberdeen. It was about the start of when radios became coded and for some reason or another the battery went flat and the radio lost its coding. It turned out that the code hadn't been entered in his documents, so he went to the local Dealer in Shetland for help. They were unable to help as they had not supplied the vehicle, not being an "RS" dealer. He phoned the supplying dealer but they had no record of the code either. They said the only way to resolve the situation was for him to have the radio replaced. The local dealer wouldn't touch it as they hadn't supplied it (and had their nose out of joint!) so he had to take the car on the boat to Aberdeen (14 hours at their expense!) and go back to the dealer. When he got there they had the new radio all ready to go in and it was the work of moments to remove the old one. When they got it out, there was a sticker on the top of the radio with the code on it!! You couldn't make it up!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #7 of 7 Old 03-29-2012, 05:39 PM

They call it an Admin fee,just for tapping your reg number into the network computer.
Greedy buggers.

MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page