CD/Mp3 Playr - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-21-2012, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Hello,Has any one replaced there CD head unit? I have ,for its model, a standard fitment Sony single disc unit (which I believe is called a double din unit?) and would like a head unit with usb port on the front.Looked in Halfords and they have a Alpine CDE-W203Ri.Let me know your thoughts, I think its best to stay with the double din size.Regards Steve

2 Litre Diesel Ghia Titanium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-21-2012, 10:29 AM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
Have a look on ebay first. Just do a search for "double din car stereo" and a load will come up. Two that have taken my eye are a Clarion for about 75 deliveredhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Double-Din-Car-Stereo-RDS-Radio-CD-MP3-USB-Player-Free-iPod-iPhone-Adaptor-Lead-/230726869583?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item35b8 64a24f#ht_4856wt_1185and a Kenwoodhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kenwood-DPX-404U-CD-MP3-Car-Stereo-Double-Din-Tuner-USB-Aux-iPod-iPhone-/280770495925?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item415f 39c5b5#ht_3471wt_1185for 128There's an alternative to changing the entire head unit though and it's called an Xcarlink, seehttp://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.ph...&cat=19&page=1 I'm not sure if this will be compatible with the Sony head unit you have. You'd have to check with them if you decide to go down that route. I had one on my last car ( a picasso) and it was great. I used it to play MP3s off an SD card but it could also use USB sticks as well. There's plenty of choice whatever you decide to do.

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #3 of 4 Old 01-21-2012, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

That's the sort of head unit I was thinking about, I was wondering what people where using and if they managed to still use the controls at the steering wheel?

2 Litre Diesel Ghia Titanium

post #4 of 4 Old 01-22-2012, 08:19 AM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
If you read the specifications for the units, they include the sentence, "OEM Steering wheel remote wired interface capability" so yes, they do.
They also have customisable back lighting so that you can match it to the rest of the dash lighting.The XCarlink also works via the steering wheel controls in the same way as a CD autochanger, which the device emulates when connected to a compatible head unit. It can play common music files from SD cards or USB sticks with the correct file structure. It will also read the mass storage memory of USB connected MP3 players if the same file structure is used.Another unit which caught my eye was the JVC KW-XR811http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JVC-KW-XR8...ht_1750wt_1185
Which also includes Bluetooth for your phone and for streaming audio. They also make the cheaper but less well specced 611 and 411, but at 171 the 811 would seem to tick all your boxes.

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page