car wont start - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-22-2011, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

I found the problem with the car smelling of exhaust fumes, that I posted earlier, it was 2 injectors leaking i could hear a high compessed leaking air sound coming from the engine and located it to the injector, and I found a pool of what looks like diesel at the bottom of the injector. The problem starts from there on, as I went to remove the wet injectors, I un did the 2 alan screws that held the injectors in place and before that I unclipped the lead and the fuel pie that goes to the injector. Unfortuanetly the injector would not budge it was solid, I did use reasonable measures without damaging the injector, but to no avail, I therefore proceeded to put it all back together to take it to the garage for the experts to sort out. On completion I started the car up it ran for about 5 seconds then cut out, and now will not start up at all, I did not lose any diesel or pressure when I undid the fuel pipe that connects to the injector so that would rule out it need bleeding. In the meantime I have disconnected the battery and hope it resets itself, other than that I'm at a loss, what have I done wrong? please anyone can you please advise me? I'm all eyes and ears!!!![img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-22-2011, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

I forgot to mention the engine size lol, its a 1.6tdci focus c-max ghia
post #3 of 4 Old 01-22-2011, 08:45 PM

Maybe some air in diesel pipe lines try starting engine for a litle longer or try to remove air from pipes.

BLACK TDCI 1.6 2010
80KW-109HP DPF
KENWOOD DNX5240BT
C-MAX

post #4 of 4 Old 01-22-2011, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

I have turned it over for a while, I did not lose any fuel and no pressure came out from the injector, I'm assuming its electronic that has shut me down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page