car spec - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 12-18-2010, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Hi, im running a fiesta at the moment and want to upgrade to a Cmax. Can any one tell me which is the better speck a style a climate or a zetec. I know on my car a zetec is just the name of the engine from honda. I do want a good speck, electric mirrors, heated front screen, air conand i would love cruise control, i just love my gagets. Also which is the best size engine for the beast, is 1600 to small and 2000 not nescary. Hope to here from you soon.

[img]smileys/smiley10.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-18-2010, 06:34 PM

Spec on cmaxs is all over the place. Essentially on Zetec you generally get electric front windows, heated front screen and tinted rear windows, on style you get the same, but no heated front screen, and climate I've not seen. For maximum toy count go for a Ghia or Titanium. They get all round electric windows, heated screens, My ghia from 05 also has cruise. Later titaniums don't as standard. Best specced cars are mk 1s. Later cars got increasingly stingey!

Top spec will have leather, electric climate control, 4 elec windows, electric seats, sat nav or Sony 6disc, front and rear parking sensors, tints and cruise.

As it appears lots of cmaxs are bought as family cars on a budget, or by older people who find it easier to get in and out without bending, many are low spec. Look hard and a couple of real Hugh spec cars can be found.

The stereo, tints and park sensors are an easy aftermarket addition, cruise and 4 electric windows near impossible.

2005 Focus C-Max 1.8 Petrol Ghia + Sony 6 disc, 2007 tail lights, Led bulbs all over and HID front fogs.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-18-2010, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Well thank you alot, sorry that sounded patronising, it is/was a great help something to put in my pipe and smoke.
andy p

post #4 of 6 Old 12-18-2010, 07:48 PM

zetec engine from honda? not sure about that!

jaddy1-57 1.8ffv zetec,moondust silver,sport pack(17 inch alloys,body colour spoiler,sports seats and sports suspension),panorama roof,privacy glass,cruise control,sony cd.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-18-2010, 11:59 PM

As an aside, it is possible to get a base model max specced up to the gills and a top spec car with nothing. Just more likely to get toys on the initially pricier car as if you've got the cash to bottom the price list, you'll probably add stuff too.

2005 Focus C-Max 1.8 Petrol Ghia + Sony 6 disc, 2007 tail lights, Led bulbs all over and HID front fogs.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-26-2010, 05:32 AM

For me it's not just about creature comforts but looks too, so I rekon u should get a mk2 Zetec or titanium. The 1.6 is fine unless u do alot of motorway miles then the 2 gets better mpg

57 1.6 petrol zetec black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page