Car Alarm going off for no reason! - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 04-13-2010, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Hi, I have a C-Max 04 1.6TDCi with 40k on clock

For some reason this weekmy car alarm is going off after it has been parked up for a while. The first time it had been parked up outside the house and went off 8 hours after I had used it. The secondnight it happened again and then last night it went off after 3 hours and I hadn't even put the alarm on on the third occasion I had just locked it!!!!

Does anyone know what could be causing the problem???

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-14-2010, 06:13 AM

What trim level is it?
How did you lock it without putting the alarm on?

08 1.8 Titanium C-Max *ST Styled* With Car PC Fitted
Previous:54 1.6TDCi LX Focus C-Max
post #3 of 9 Old 04-14-2010, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Its a Zetec. When I say I didn't put the alarm on I meant I just locked it once with the key fob not twice but that probably doesn't make any difference to the alarm.

post #4 of 9 Old 04-14-2010, 03:46 PM

Locking it twice only activates the deadlocking system, the alarm will still activate.
What the alarm functions on the Zetec? Are there two very small speaker type devices by the interior light?
Have you got an interior scanning deactivation button? Normally found in the drivers door handle where the electric window switch is on other doors.
What is the age of the battery and alternator?
I'm going on the assumption at the moment that it's either something in the car that's moving/affecting the sensors or the battery voltage is dropping which can cause the alarm to trigger.

post #5 of 9 Old 04-14-2010, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks will check what the alarm functions are and check if there is an interior scanning deactivation button.

I have hadsome problem with the battery light illuminating and also a whining noise coming from the engine when I first started the car up a couple of weeks ago. However after driving around for approximatey an hour the light went out and it hasn't come on again so I presumed it would be okay.

I will check the battery voltage (I think it should be 13.8v) andsee if it needs charging. Would you suggest leaving the battery in the car whilst it is charging or is it better to take it out?

Really appricate all your help

Steve
post #6 of 9 Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 PM

Battery voltage should be charging around the 14.5V mark and 13.8V fully charged.
When charging, leave it in the car but disconnect the positive lead (you can disconnect either butpositiveis at the front and so easier) form the battery and then connect the charger. I'd recommend using the grounding point to the right of the battery as you look at it, for the negative as you'll struggle otherwise due to it being tucked away under the scuttle panel. I'd be tempted to say that with the age of the vehicle it'll need a new battery.
How often do you use it? How long have you had it? 40k isn't much for that age so I'm guessing it stands around alot which isn't good for the battery.

post #7 of 9 Old 04-14-2010, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. I bought the car 4,000.00 from a family friend who had had it since new with full service history. I roughly do 120 miles a week and have had it for approximately nine months with no problems (until now!) Will let you know how Iget on.
Thanks again
post #8 of 9 Old 04-23-2010, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Got a new battery fitted on Saturday and that seems to have done the job. Thanks for your help again.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-20-2010, 02:50 PM
bri

Hi, did you resolve this problemor has it alarmed since?as I have a similar problem I am keen to know.
thanks
bri..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page