Caliper retaining clip - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-27-2011, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Hi All
I've got slightly binding rear brakes. It's not being caused by the handbrake (manual, not electric). So I've tried to take caliper off to clean things up. Can't see how to take the retaining clip off without using so much force I'll break it. Which bit of the clip do you pull and in which direction? I'm sure it's easy if you know how to move it. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Danny C
2004 FOCUS C-MAX LX 1.6 TDCi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-27-2011, 08:40 PM

Haven't seen the backs, but the fronts just yank off. They're really tough. Just pull off using pliers or lever off using a screwdriver. You can get replacements for a few quid from most motor factors thatcwill be nice and shiny too.

2005 Focus C-Max 1.8 Petrol Ghia + Sony 6 disc, 2007 tail lights, Led bulbs all over and HID front fogs.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-28-2011, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. I might get a couple of new ones. If I can see what shape the bit inside the caliper is then I'll know which way to yank them. And also I can break them as much as I like!! And soon we'll all have Haynes manuals anyway so no more guesswork. Great news.

Danny C
2004 FOCUS C-MAX LX 1.6 TDCi

post #4 of 4 Old 03-02-2011, 03:26 AM

the caliper is held on by two bolts that undo with a 7mm hex allen key or adaptor to fit in a socket
There is a plastic dust cover over the head of these bolts that just levers out with either your thumb or at worst a flat screwdriver

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page