C MAX VERSES YOUR LAST CAR - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 10-01-2008, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

WHAT DO YOU MISS OR NOT MISS ABOUT THE CAR YOU OWNED BEFORE YOUR C MAX ?
I HAD A W REG SENIC , IT HAD BETTER REAR SEAT ADJUSTMENT SETTINGS IE , SLIDE FARWARD AND BACK , BACK RESTS TILT . DEEPER FLOOR STORAGE HOLES . A SPARE WHEEL SUPPLIED ! . ONE BUTTON ON REMOTE TO UNLOCK AND ATIVATE ALARM . DIMMER SWITCH FOR DASH LIGHTS . OIL LEVEL INDICATOR ON DASH WHEN ENGINE IS STARTED . 12 VOLT SUPPLY IN BACK FOR KIDS GAMES . THE SENIC WAS EASIER TO VAC OUT DUE TO A FLAT FLOOR , BUT HEY THE FORD IS FAR BETTER IN THE STYLE DEPARTMENT AND I STILL THINK ITS A GREAT CAR EVEN THOUGH I COULD GET 10 MILES TO THE GALLON MORE OUT OF THE SENIC .

RUSS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 10-01-2008, 04:21 PM

A lot of the items you mention I think you can have at various levels of trim or options

We had a petrol focus so MPG and space are plus as well as discs all round and ABS as opposed to rear shoes

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 31 Old 10-01-2008, 06:10 PM

I miss reliability as my c max has none of it thing

post #4 of 31 Old 10-01-2008, 07:09 PM

The only thing i miss about my previous caris its performance, itwas a SEAT Leon Cupra TDI which was remapped to 190 bhp and 300 lbs/ft torque.
Its in-gear acceleration was awesome and it could out run cars like Audi TT 225's.

Apart from the performance the C-Max is better in all areas.
post #5 of 31 Old 10-02-2008, 09:23 PM

Well I can't really put my finger on one thing that I miss. All had something I enjoyed but the CMax has, so far, been a really good buy. (Though I do miss my BL Mini)
post #6 of 31 Old 10-03-2008, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

funny you should mention mini , i was at buxton race way yesterday 5 of us were there racing 2 mini stock cars round the track . brilliant stuff , big boys with little toys comes to mind

RUSS
post #7 of 31 Old 10-03-2008, 09:14 AM

Yep, they were fun, though I had mine some 16 years ago.
post #8 of 31 Old 10-04-2008, 03:24 PM

There areonly afew ofthings i really miss from my previous car (Hyundai Coupe V6), climate control and the V6 howl.

post #9 of 31 Old 10-05-2008, 06:27 PM
DRL

Hi All,
Things I miss about my last car (Scenic 04 Auto) is the electric windows that stuck down on two seperate occasions, the ignition coils that failed on two seperate occasions, on one of these occasions the dash display told me I had a gearbox problem. There was also the rear shocker faullty at 18,000. On it's first MOT it cost me 46 because the CV joint gaiter had came loose and needed to have a new clip to retain it (14.000 mls) Same main dealer mentioned later.
Had Fords since 1970 with very very few problems, other than a Friday (Fiesta 94?
1.8 diesel). Compared to the Very Smooth Focus the Renault Auto G/B is Jerky & will not change up in time(rubbish springs to mind). Last one cost us 70 to change a headlight bulb at main dealer.
Enough was enough
Love the Focus C Max, may live to regret this reply, hope not.
Dougie

O would the power the gift to give us, to see ourselves as others see us (Translated for the rest of UK)
post #10 of 31 Old 10-06-2008, 01:21 PM

With relation to a headlight bulb replacement, I have just been quoted 38 to change both headlight bulbs.

It is a DIY job, but not for the faint hearted, I had a go, undid the screw and the two clips under the unit, but the headlight was happy where it was, and wouldn't move.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page