c-max v's my old passat!! - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-09-2008, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

well ive had my cmax for about 2 weeks now and i thought id give you a quick comparison to my old passat.

my passat was a 2002 52 plate 1.8t sport.

it was a lovely car and very nice to drive, apart form the awkward drivers seat which didnt seem wide enough for my legs!!

the 1.8 t engine was 150bhp and plenty fast enough, but on a motorway run i was only getting 33ish mpg which was rubbish.

it was the sport model which had the lower/harder suspension as standard, cornered really well for a big old barge but was also really really quiet (not much wind/road nosie.)

to be honest i was sad to px her in as she had been a fantastic family car,but as id changed jobs and was doing an 80mile round trip to work it was killing me in pertol!!![img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

hence the move to a derv.

anyway i was originally looking a a mk4 golf gttdi at a garage , but he wanted 6 grand for a 2002 02 plate which was a joke., so anyway i noticed the derv cmax and thought id have a look as my sister loves her petrol model.

any way its a 2004 54 plate 2.0tdci zetec.

on the test drive it was raining so didnt really get a good feel for it but , it was nice and smooth and seemed ok so i bit the bullit and went for it!![img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

i picked it up a week later and was quite happy with it intially.

it has a nice high driving position which gives you a good view of the traffic.
but its very noisy ( road noise mostly!) and i have to turn the stereo up quite loud to hear it.
not sure if its the tires(pirelli p7)

im also finding it quite rattly in the back , either the back seats or something in the boot is rattling so i need to look at that.

engine wise i was concerned to start with as the mpg readout was giving an average of 39mpg[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img] which i wasn't happy about.

the garage i got it from didn't service it as they said it wasnt due yet , but this weekend just gone ive changed the air filter and the oil and oil filter and it seems to have made a **** of a difference!!! getting low 50's now on my run to work which is well impressive.

so to sum up ive got mixed feelings at the moment but its slowly growing on me

cheers

steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-09-2008, 08:59 PM

The more you drive it,the more you get use to it & how to get the best out of it.Now you`ve changed the oil & filters,it can only get better.I rekon within a couple more weeks you`ll be getting 55 minimum .

post #3 of 3 Old 12-09-2008, 09:06 PM

Forgot to mention there have been some posts in the past about tyre noise and boot rattles.Have a trawl through.I have Avons on the front & they are very quiet,but Dunlops on the back & they are noisy.I was going to put Avons on the back as well,but I got a rear puncture & had to put another Dunlop on asthe other wasno where near replacement condition.As for boot rattle,try tightening the spare down a little more & put a couple of dusters around the jack.It might help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page